• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    This is the HARDEST install I have ever attempted. Purely because this tiny ball bearing does NOT want to cooperate. I have tried tutorials from DIP themselves and also from RimfireCentral. Has any done this? I'm losing my cool here.
    -- Brent

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Sorry I can't help, but sometimes just walking away from it for a while can let you start again with a new perspective later on. Anything on Youtube.com that might help ?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a couple but have not tried to install yet. afraid I'll have the same issues. Have you tried putting a dab of grease on it to hold it in place? Also get the largest clear plastic bags you can and work on the assembly in the bag so as not to lose that tiny ball.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Tim Hafer installed mine - I had heard stories of great vexation so chose the 'pay to avoid he hassle' approach

---
    Shamr0ck

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Well I technically didn't follow the instructions and bubba'd it. But it works as advertised. Haha i took the bearing and flipped spots with the spring so the bearing is in the hole and the spring is on top. The amount of movement of the sear is seriously negligible, it's more of a retention thing I think. In any event, once I adjusted the set screw I have a creepless overtraveless trigger pull just above 1.5#
    I hated that install but I do like the results

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Makes me glad I just stuck a Timney into mine.

Mainly to match my Rem 700 on .308, but it seems it was the smart move.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It feels like a Timney. :)

Feels great, clean break, almost no travel. I have mine set to about 2 - 2.5 pounds, just like my .308.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I don't remember exactly how I installed my DIP sear but I remember there was a hole to capture the ball so it doesn't fall out during reassembly. With the right spring combination it turned into an ultra light crisp trigger that snaps. It feels like my mind controls it rather then my finger.

Last edited:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    How's that one feel?? I mean don't get me wrong, this trigger feels great it was just a headache

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Someone on RFC just posted a tutorial about installing his Timney trigger. It wasn't exactly a drop in and needed a fair amount of work to fit so nothing is perfect.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Mine fit the action with no issues.

I did have to Dremel out clearance in the stock. I have the VPT, so Manners T4 stock. It took about 5 minutes to get the action with Timney to fit the stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom