• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    You are indeed directing this at readers.

Let me point out, the vast majority of the readers here are still "in the fight" so you're insulting some of those who are still fighting the good fight.

I find your posts to be highly annoying and wonder how you became a member of the MSI BOD with a rudeness like that.

It is very likely that any battles "won" for Maryland's sake will occur from outside the borders of Maryland - have you considered that? Most major battles within the borders have been lost (Wollard, etc.)

Do you really want to insult those who left and still feel for the problems of Maryland?

You're completely off-base, Tom, and ignoring what I'm saying. Not just taking it out of context, but ignoring it. I'm not insulting (or intending to insult) anyone still fighting. If anyone took offense I apologize. And the sideways shot at suggesting I'm an anti is ludicrous. :lol2: If you'd like a spot on the MSI BOD please state your intent and show up at the September meeting, we would welcome anyone. This thread has nothing to do with anyone that will even donate one dollar to the fight, it's those that do nothing but be negative.
    I still don't want to hear from someone that has nothing to add but negative thoughts. :tdown:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This isn't directed at any specific person. My frustration is with those that are not contributing anything other than 'you all should move out of State and live where it's free'. Whether they did contribute in the past or not is irrelevant, what they are contributing now is nothing. So keep it to yourself. What are 'you' (the person saying that) getting from it? You're just bringing others down. This whole thread is dedicated to them, and its all negative. Go and be gone already. Let us keep fighting.

There is only one way of getting the job done that I can see, versus a miracle in the 4th Circuit or SCOTUS, and that is to start winning elections. So, either you need to get more conservatives out to vote and/or get more conservatives to move to this state.

The first might be possible, if most of them have not left already. I moved from Montgomery County to Howard County in the hope that it would be more conservative. While that is the case, it is quickly going liberal. My wife gave me three options based upon schools (Cabin John, Potomac, or western Howard County). Western Howard County sounded way more palatable than the other two. Now, those that grew up in a really conservative area, have most likely left the state for good.

Good luck with the second method.

Ever wonder what a poll of MSI's approval rating would show? Just a simple:

"Do you approve of the job that MSI is doing in Maryland?

Yes
    No

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    To clear up what others have tried to "decipher". I was directing this thread to those who like to put down the approach, efforts or activities of others as being in vain on our liberal state.

Don't put down what others are doing as you never know the outcome of what others are doing. "Punching the ocean", banging our heads against the wall, whatever you want to call it, still has an impact. If nothing else, you/we will draw attention and people will ask "why?".

Some decide to contribute cash, and that is needed and appreciated. Some attend rallies and some attend legislative sessions in Annapolis to bolster our numbers and those activities are appreciated and necessary. I, having responsibilities and commitments with my family and kids, do not have the surplus finances to contribute. Getting my HQL and permit training, applying for my permit and dedicating the time to fight it, has put strain on my in many ways. My wife constantly wonders why I am spending so much time on this and wishes we had spent the money on a weekend away or on something more tangible at the moment.

I just take it and truck on, that's all I can do at the moment. This is where the constant negativity and pointless remarks about moving out of state and "punching the ocean" grind my gears. THIS IS MY STATE! I was born here, conduct my business here, raise my kids here and spend my earnings here. I am not giving up. I am not going to let something that I feel and many of us feel is inherently wrong go without putting my full effort into overturning it. Our state has not always been this way and we CAN make it better.

I don't think the "negative" or non-contributing comments are directed at me and I completely understand the frustration and defeatism that breeds those feelings and comments. I just ask to not pointlessly bash the attempts of others.

If we can turn the negative energy and we contribute constructive criticism instead of finger pointing and laughing, we can be much more productive.

I GUARANTEE my personal efforts, along with the positive support given, WILL make a difference and very shortly we will all see proof of this.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Makes me wonder how many of the downers and nellies, will jump in line to get their CCW's on the backs of those who have worked hard and put forth an effort when it happens.

Of course they'll be entitled to the permit, but bitching about it and doing little or nothing but then enjoying the reward from the work of others is to be expected of some people.

Thanks Tim for your work..

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Makes me wonder how many of the downers and nellies, will jump in line to get their CCW's on the backs of those who have worked hard and put forth an effort when it happens.

Of course they'll be entitled to the permit, but bitching about it and doing little or nothing but then enjoying the reward from the work of others is to be expected of some people.

:shrug:

Mr H

Banana'd

Good point.

There have always been people throughout history who have bitched and moaned about things they want not happening quickly enough, but not bothering to give any more than lip service to it. Yet, they are more than wiling to share the spoils.

The thing that gets me to scratching my head, is that contributing to the cause can be done simply, quickly, and even at no cost... But still they criticize the people fighting on their behalf as if it's a selfish quest, or fool's errand.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Good point.

There have always been people throughout history who have bitched and moaned about things they want not happening quickly enough, but not bothering to give any more than lip service to it. Yet, they are more than wiling to share the spoils.

The thing that gets me to scratching my head, is that contributing to the cause can be done simply, quickly, and even at no cost... But still they criticize the people fighting on their behalf as if it's a selfish quest, or fool's errand.

What are some examples where one can contribute to the cause simply, quickly AND even at no cost? If it was that easy to contribute to the cause, I am pretty sure there would be a landslide of contributors just from this chat board.

It reminds me of something that I read on an engraver's website. I can do things precisely, cheap, or fast. You can pick two of the three.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    You're completely off-base, Tom, and ignoring what I'm saying. Not just taking it out of context, but ignoring it. I'm not insulting (or intending to insult) anyone still fighting. If anyone took offense I apologize. And the sideways shot at suggesting I'm an anti is ludicrous. :lol2: If you'd like a spot on the MSI BOD please state your intent and show up at the September meeting, we would welcome anyone. This thread has nothing to do with anyone that will even donate one dollar to the fight, it's those that do nothing but be negative.
    I still don't want to hear from someone that has nothing to add but negative thoughts. :tdown:

I'm glad you think I'm off base. Others have written me privately and said the opposite.

Whether something is offensive or not is a view which is taken in the eye of the beholder. You may not have meant to be insulting, but given that myself and others have taken messages here to be insulting, well then, that indicates a problem.

I think with a thread title of "Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers," insulting messages to *someone* or *somemany* was the intent here. Frankly, I think that is an approach way off-base. I believe this would have best been not written.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008

And you know what, even if they haven't worked at all for it, it still supports the cause, if they get a CCW and stay out of trouble using it. It will still support the fact that it won't be blood in the streets. And the money to the state might not hurt either.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    agreed, but the criticism and negativity don't help. If someone isn't interested or thinks it's a waste of time, that's fine, and complaining is certainly allowed. It just doesn't seem to help much.

I think that's the point.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    What are some examples where one can contribute to the cause simply, quickly AND even at no cost? If it was that easy to contribute to the cause, I am pretty sure there would be a landslide of contributors just from this chat board.

It reminds me of something that I read on an engraver's website. I can do things precisely, cheap, or fast. You can pick two of the three.

https://marylandshallissue.com/members/ A person could immediate join *and* donate to the cause.

But if they are a former Marylander, I think they need to keep in mind the hostility to those who have left the state.

Personally, I have also donated and upgraded to Life Member status in the SAF and NRA - because of acknowledgement for the good work they are doing in the many ongoing lawsuits.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Email your representatives, speak to neighbors and family members.....

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    To clear up what others have tried to "decipher". I was directing this thread to those who like to put down the approach, efforts or activities of others as being in vain on our liberal state.

Don't put down what others are doing as you never know the outcome of what others are doing. "Punching the ocean", banging our heads against the wall, whatever you want to call it, still has an impact. If nothing else, you/we will draw attention and people will ask "why?".

Some decide to contribute cash, and that is needed and appreciated. Some attend rallies and some attend legislative sessions in Annapolis to bolster our numbers and those activities are appreciated and necessary. I, having responsibilities and commitments with my family and kids, do not have the surplus finances to contribute. Getting my HQL and permit training, applying for my permit and dedicating the time to fight it, has put strain on my in many ways. My wife constantly wonders why I am spending so much time on this and wishes we had spent the money on a weekend away or on something more tangible at the moment.

I just take it and truck on, that's all I can do at the moment. This is where the constant negativity and pointless remarks about moving out of state and "punching the ocean" grind my gears. THIS IS MY STATE! I was born here, conduct my business here, raise my kids here and spend my earnings here. I am not giving up. I am not going to let something that I feel and many of us feel is inherently wrong go without putting my full effort into overturning it. Our state has not always been this way and we CAN make it better.

I don't think the "negative" or non-contributing comments are directed at me and I completely understand the frustration and defeatism that breeds those feelings and comments. I just ask to not pointlessly bash the attempts of others.

If we can turn the negative energy and we contribute constructive criticism instead of finger pointing and laughing, we can be much more productive.

I GUARANTEE my personal efforts, along with the positive support given, WILL make a difference and very shortly we will all see proof of this.

That is a pretty steep GUARANTEE.

Regarding the rest of the post, we all have financial and time commitments. No doubt about it regardless of whether people are "rich" or "poor". The "rich" create their own financial goals that cause them to be tight on money.

I had my disagreement with my wife back in August 2013 when I was lobbying for my 6th pistol in 4 months, a STI2011. She said "NO". We discussed it, and then the solution was the purchase of the frame and the completion of the pistol later on. Same goes for the JP Enterprises CTR-02. No way I was going to get approval for a $3k gun after everything else, but I was able to get approval for a matching CTR-02 upper/lower.

My wife knows that the line in the sand is additional registration of my unregistered long guns or any type of confiscation. At that point, we are moving to a different pasture. She is fine with it. In the meantime, she is supportive of my fight against the current establishment.

I cannot help you with what is happening between you and your wife. All I know is that my wife is pretty supportive of me on this matter. She even read through SB281, figured out that she could avoid the training if she bought a handgun before October 1, 2013, and she bought a handgun before October 1, 2013. You need to work this matter out with your wife.

This reminds me of the inner cities and the issues we have there. I am pretty sure that ALL of us would like for that mess to be fixed. Thing is, how do we get there? How do we fix the inner cities?

How do we get where we want to be 2nd Amendment wise in Maryland? The devil is in the details.

Personally, I wish FSA2013 had gone to referendum so we could see if 1) it is enough to motivate the 2nd Amendment crowd to actually get out and vote on a 2nd Amendment specific issue. If so, then we would know that there is plenty of closet support for the 2nd Amendment in Maryland. If not, then we would know that we will not be able to vote politicians out of office solely on their 2nd Amendment stance, but would have to look at the totality of their political positions.

The powers that be figured that there is no way we could win a referendum, when the question was solely about the 2nd Amendment, versus electing somebody that might be 2A friendly. They figured it was better to take the matter to Court, and the referendum route was just going to be too costly. Now, we lost the court proceedings at the District Court level pertaining to "assault weapons" and standard capacity mags, and lo and behold, we don't have the money to pursue litigation on the HQL matter.

Wasn't it the NRA that took the position that litigation would be better than referendum? Where is the money? I am slightly upset at the NRA at this moment. However, I did read that it got the shell casing law and strict liability standard for hunting migratory birds over bait changed. Sure, there were no other organizations involved in either of those fights but the NRA (SARCASM).

Who knows, maybe the 4th Circuit will provide us with something really positive and then we can ride that wave of positivism.

Lastly, I am sorry to hear that your CCW has not been approved. Cannot say I am shocked, just sorry.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Email your representatives, speak to neighbors and family members.....

lol - the e-mails I draft take an hour or more to formulate. I spent over a day's time researching and writing my written testimony in opposition to FSA2013 (f/k/a SB281). Then, I e-mailed and faxed everybody on the Senate Judiciary Committee and did so again when it was in committee in the House.

Everything has a cost. It might not be a direct monetary cost, but spending time on one matter means you have less time for another matter. It is called an opportunity cost.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    and vote and vote right.

one would assume everyone here would have already done those things.

Exactly. I know my siblings and their spouses vote the right way, but convincing my brothers and brother in-laws to join the NRA is like pulling teeth. Same goes for getting them to attend a rally. Meanwhile, they have more money than me such that contributing to the NRA, SAF, or MSI would be a drop in the bucket for them versus two drops for me. Instead, they decide to spend that money on more firearms and ammo.

Edit to add: When my brother in-law, another attorney, found out about the District Court's ruling in Woolard, he was ecstatic. Still did not convince him to join any 2nd Amendment Organization.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Exactly. I know my siblings and their spouses vote the right way, but convincing my brothers and brother in-laws to join the NRA is like pulling teeth. Same goes for getting them to attend a rally. Meanwhile, they have more money than me such that contributing to the NRA, SAF, or MSI would be a drop in the bucket for them versus two drops for me. Instead, they decide to spend that money on more firearms and ammo.

Edit to add: When my brother in-law, another attorney, found out about the District Court's ruling in Woolard, he was ecstatic. Still did not convince him to join any 2nd Amendment Organization.

some people wont join any organizations. nothing we can do about that.

I "advise" about 3 dozen people on voting right and talk to literally hundreds thru the elections years on who to vote for to keep and try to regain our rights.

I hope all this helps but who knows.

I wish I saw what some here see about all the victories "we" have won in md, I just don't see them. I wish for our rights to be restored. I dream about it. I dream of the md of my youth. it will never come back. it cant, there are too many libtards here and they are here to stay. there are just too many people who don't think right.

all we can do is try until .........

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    some people wont join any organizations. nothing we can do about that.

I "advise" about 3 dozen people on voting right and talk to literally hundreds thru the elections years on who to vote for to keep and try to regain our rights.

I hope all this helps but who knows.

I wish I saw what some here see about all the victories "we" have won in md, I just don't see them. I wish for our rights to be restored. I dream about it. I dream of the md of my youth. it will never come back. it cant, there are too many libtards here and they are here to stay. there are just too many people who don't think right.

all we can do is try until .........

Are you one of these Negative Nellies or are you a Debbie Downer?

Regardless, go find yourself a new hobby, like latch hook, needle point, sewing, or knitting, because firearms are not for you my man. Turn em in.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Wasn't it the NRA that took the position that litigation would be better than referendum? Where is the money? I am slightly upset at the NRA at this moment. However, I did read that it got the shell casing law and strict liability standard for hunting migratory birds over bait changed. Sure, there were no other organizations involved in either of those fights but the NRA (SARCASM).

Who knows, maybe the 4th Circuit will provide us with something really positive and then we can ride that wave of positivism.

Lastly, I am sorry to hear that your CCW has not been approved. Cannot say I am shocked, just sorry.

:lol: Yep, I heard someone at NRA , forget who but not one of insignificant rank, "Oh we will fight this no question" Well, hello new life member :sad20:

As far as other local organizations, records and gun legislation last ten years speak for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom