• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just donated, who will join me?

I just donated another $100. That's $300 over the last two years donated for this cause. Yeah, I know, I am a MSI Board member and a lawyer. But I put my money where my mouth is (not to mention many, many hours of lawyer time pro bono) for this cause. Folks, the time grows very short. I cannot promise that we will win it all. No lawyer worth his salt can ethically make such promises. But, it is time to serve up notice that we will not go quietly -- and we may well win some significant points, just as plaintiffs did recently in Heller III in the D.C. Circuit. Attached. And that would mean that we get a big chunk of the fees from the State of Maryland under federal law, 42 U.S.C. 1988, fees that we could then use to push the fight forward. And if we win anything, that will serve to inhibit the GA and the MSP in the future. One step at a time. But we got to front the costs. Please join me.

Attachments

• HellerIII.opinion.pdf
      217.5 KB · Views: 130

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I just donated another $100. That's $300 over the last two years donated for this cause. Yeah, I know, I am a MSI Board member and a lawyer. But I put my money where my mouth is (not to mention many, many hours of lawyer time pro bono) for this cause. Folks, the time grows very short. I cannot promise that we will win it all. No lawyer worth his salt can ethically make such promises. But, it is time to serve up notice that we will not go quietly -- and we may well win some significant points, just as plaintiffs did recently in Heller III in the D.C. Circuit. Attached. And that would mean that we get a big chunk of the fees from the State of Maryland under federal law, 42 U.S.C. 1988, fees that we could then use to push the fight forward. And if we win anything, that will serve to inhibit the GA and the MSP in the future. One step at a time. But we got to front the costs. Please join me.

After reading this^ I doubled my donation. Thank you esqappellate for the inspiration.. Thanks also to all working so hard to promote the cause. Win or lose, it matters that we take a stand. It matters a lot. Any amount at all will help. PLEASE join us.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    After reading this^ I doubled my donation. Thank you esqappellate for the inspiration.. Thanks also to all working so hard to promote the cause. Win or lose, it matters that we take a stand. It matters a lot. Any amount at all will help. PLEASE join us.

Thank you!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Not much but I just got a Barnes Bullets rebate check. Can I endorse it to MSI and send it to the address listed on their website? PM me if you know.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Between MSI and SAF I donate at least $200 a year.

There's an estimated 700k gun owners in Maryland. We could own Annapolis if we all did this.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'd like to know as well before I kick in.

crickets.jpg

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Apparently it's a state secret and can't be shared with a couple of business owners which are exactly the type of donors you would think they would be courting hot and heavy. :sad20:

No wonder MSI is a red headed stepchild compared to VCDL.....
    Or maybe it's because the treasurer is a volunteer that works two jobs while putting his kids and wife through school

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Or maybe it's because the treasurer is a volunteer that works two jobs while putting his kids and wife through school

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please.. this is year 2016. Is he up at night with a visor and green lamp adding numbers pulling a crank on an adding machine? You know how much you have.

I take it MSI is a non profit of the type that isn't required to disclose financials. Moms demand action will send financial statements. It's amazing at all the Sh*t thrown at the HPRB on procedure to the letter, (which changes final decisions not) while some of the same people (not you MX) make every excuse for MSI filing discrepancies. MSI and members can run the thing anyway they like from my point of view, it's not a tax and voluntary. Thing that hits a nerve, is answers like above. Someone already stated "we are close" , so dispense with the we don't know or too busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom