• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    the SKS is a battle rifle but the JRC doesn't really do anything for me. I prefer the 7.62x39 over the .40 S&W. I think the only advantage for me would be using the mags for the rifle and a pistol.

just me....I don't own a .40 but a have a few SKS's and a few AKM's just wouldn't make sense for me.

I am not usually a big fan of pistol caliber carbines... HOWEVER

the .40 is pretty much the perfect PCC caliber

I had a Ruger Police Carbine that was the best camp gun I ever owned.

I've recounted this story on the forums before, but back when you could get a hundred round value pack of .40 for like 17 bucks you could stop by the store on your way into the woods and shoot as much as you wanted all trip long.

That gun took squirrels, rabbits, hogs, coyote, and various other nuisance critters over the years, although I was always hesitant to try it on deer, I am pretty sure that it would do the job.

The way I see it is if 180 grain BALL will take down a medium sized feral hog out of an 18 inch barrel, then that works for me.

I love that gun. Still in the family, just not mine any more. Miss her.

But yeah, .40 is great for PCCs.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for all of the replies and insight everyone. The Yugo I have seems to be good quality, but like was mentioned it doesn't have chrome lined barrel and it is heavier than the Russian and Chinese variants I have fired. I think now the fellow wants $250 boot. Im not budging

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Deal I agreed on. JRC 40 W/4 mags and 400 rds ammo for my sks, 200 rds ammo, and $200. How did I do?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Well as my luck would happen, unforeseen expenses attacked me and I had to back out of the deal. Maybe selling the Yugo outright :/

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Well as my luck would happen, unforeseen expenses attacked me and I had to back out of the deal. Maybe selling the Yugo outright :/

At least the Yugo will retain if not go up in value. It is an import, subject to restrictions down the line if the government/ATF decides to ban it without our consent, was built and issued for the military, history behind it, and reliable (if using the right ammo, preferably brass-cased).

The JRC is your run-of-the-mill American carbine that will be available anytime, anywhere being legal in most states/legalities plus as some said the quality can be hit-or-miss plus being a pistol carbine looses some of it's stopping power but will be cheaper to plink with.

You will get more money selling the SKS than you would selling the JRC.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You got lucky. The JRC in .40 and .45 is not a good weapon IMO, they are blowback and the olbt/buffer/spring mass is not sufficient in my experience for those rounds. The 9mm one is even too light for reliable function when you add a suppressor.

I agree with FPS. Keep the Yugo. I miss mine badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom