• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday would you be able to attend an AK build party?

• Total voters

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Very good party, thanks to TC617 for hosting. My Dad and I learned a ton about building these things and will hopefully have both of ours done today (after we go out and buy a dremel tool :D).

303, very good working with you and nice to meet you. Although I swear I've seen you before at the Gas Monkey Garage...

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    It was fun. Who can say it's fun to break a NDS receiver? Well, the receiver has character now! This shows how dumb Maryland law is. Kill the receiver an you can't replace it after three months of waiting to get it:sad20:

I still spent more time driving then at the party, I'll do it again in a heart beat!

I have to thank TC617 have the party, seeing the virgin kits come to life without a mill was something to behold. Thanks to Stillserving for the 24" bolt cutter handles. It worked great on the rivets even after somebody snapped the adjustment bolt off.

The biggest thanks is the all the guys that welded my broken, blown out NDS receiver! Just put 100 rounds thru it:D:D:D

dude you ever sleep? I tired as hell and only had less than half the drive than you

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Great party Tc. I had no knowledge how to build other than watching videos. Even though we didn't get a single rifle done (of the four that we brought), everyone learned a TON!! A bunch of Great guys and LOTS of knowledge flowed yesterday.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I'd really like to thank TC for allowing me to use his brake cleaner, sand blaster, park tank, and can of WD-40. It came out better than I ever imagined. Thank you to the numerous people who helped me trying to see into the sandblaster about a dozen times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHjZvIAq_rI

FB_IMG_1410642238568.jpg

IMG_20140913_152425.jpg

Sincerely,
    One happy 8-year old boy (not really eight, a little older now)

Backstory:
    I remember seeing a movie on TV when I was 8 where a guy (probably a villain) had an AK just like this. I always wanted one, and thanks to the hospitality of MDS build parties, I have one. I started building this in 2010, and after numerous delays it's finally done.

Also 303, I'm glad I could help with your blown out receiver. You'll have to post "after" pics, here are two "before" pics:
    IMG_20140913_155456.jpg

IMG_20140913_155445.jpg

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    Once again, thanks TC! Another great Party! That was a LOOOOOOONG ride home Saturday leaving there. :lol2:

Hopefully the delivery man is still willing to come out there! Haha

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I had planned to go but the wife was in the hospital and there was no way to make it happen. Hoping someone else can arrange another one in a month or two.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Took a little effort but here are my AKs. One classic, one modern. Just need to double-check the headspace and take them to the range.

Many thanks to TC and everyone who helped me out with my builds. Especially Steve.

PS: The gentleman who is looking to build a FAL, PM me. I have the barrel vise and receiver wrench you'll need.

Matt

Attachments

• 100_1344.jpg
      100_1344.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 244
    • 100_1345.jpg
      100_1345.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 258

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Spent some time at Delmarva Sporting Clays giving a few of the recent builds a workout. :gun1::gun2::D:party29:

[YT]TlYTaa_OaBc[/YT]
    [YT]X-mMcoQj25M[/YT]

hungryjoseph

Apr 23, 2013
    here's photos of mine, started at the first on in the spring and finished at this one:

I took it to hapbaker this past weekend and put about a hundred or so rounds through it. This thing is accurate! I've never been able to shoot better than 5" groups on an AK at 100 yards until now! (maybe i just suck...)

20140927_232856_HDR.jpg

20140927_232735_HDR.jpg

hungryjoseph

Apr 23, 2013
    it was shooting maybe 6 to 8 inches high at 25 yards. Windage was dead on, didnt have the change that. It might also have to do with the KOP rear sight block I have

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom