• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center

PRICE INCREASE JUNE 1, 2014: Everyone dreads price increases, but the reality is that they must be endured because the cost of getting by does go up. The last price increase for shooting rounds at LRSTC was SEVEN YEARS AGO. Since that time we have done everything we can to keep costs down, services consistent and where possible, make improvements for the benefit of everyone. Now reality forces us to accept the fact that the cost of targets and energy have continued to climb. As has the cost of ammunition which everyone is also keenly aware. The Center can no longer just absorb these cost increases without responding.
    Therefore, beginning June 1, 2014 (Sunday a week from now), the cost per round will increase by $.50 or 50 cents per round for everyone of our venues. whether member, guest, frequent shooter program or venue. If you think about it, it really isn't any big deal. None of us can even by a can of soda or a bottle of water for 50 cents. None the less, we want to let you know in advance that the cost for each round we shoot will go up by 50 cents. And the increase is just to cover costs.
    This price increase in no way improves the Center's profit margin. In fact the price increase is intended to stop the flow of red ink which has manifested itself over the past year. What this means is that the Center is no longer running in the black month-to-month. We need to get back on a firm footing and this small price increase will do that for all of us.
    We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in this vital manner.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    $0.02 a target over 7 years is a bargain. What does a round cost BTW, haven't been out there in over 7 years?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I went to Loch Raven yesterday for the first time and shot four rounds of Trap.

I went through the online safety registration process before heading out and was able to shoot right away after checking in.

It's a nice facility located in a beautiful part of Maryland. I spoke with Vince (he was working the desk) for a little bit and he was very friendly and accommodating.

The other shooters I met were also great. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed and if I had more time, I would've sat on the porch for awhile and enjoyed the weather.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    I went to Loch Raven yesterday for the first time and shot four rounds of Trap.

I went through the online safety registration process before heading out and was able to shoot right away after checking in.

It's a nice facility located in a beautiful part of Maryland. I spoke with Vince (he was working the desk) for a little bit and he was very friendly and accommodating.

The other shooters I met were also great. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed and if I had more time, I would've sat on the porch for awhile and enjoyed the weather.
    Thanks for the report, I signed up for their June Intro to Trap course. looking forward to trying it

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Thanks for the report, I signed up for their June Intro to Trap course. looking forward to trying it

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

I took an intro to shotgun sports at PG Trap & Skeet last summer and I would like to take a Trap specific class at some point. I've been given helpful pointers from other shooters but I find "formal" instruction beneficial too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom