• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bought one from Shooter's Discount about 2 years ago. At that time it didn't come with the adapter block. Now it does. Every review I've read about it has been positive. I bought it as a 308, since I have an 6920 already.

I like mine.

it'll shoot 7.62 NATO as well.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    How does it handle using 223 uppers? How does the magazine insert work - any Failures? Any other options beside 223 and 308?

Basically - is it worth the pricetag?

Everything works as expected, mag block is gtg. I don't see why it wouldn't work with a 5.45 upper, .300 blackout, or 6.8spc upper (as long as you use a standard AR mag), I haven't tried these setups yet. For the price I think it's great that you can get a modular .308 battle rifle. I have been seeing these for 2k with the adapter so that's a good deal all things considered.

My only grips is that there's too many proprietary parts, lower, upper, bolt even charging handle....

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    What about another .308 upper? Are you glad you went with colt as opposed to the Armalite or DPMS style? And which one is more universal?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    What about another .308 upper? Are you glad you went with colt as opposed to the Armalite or DPMS style? And which one is more universal?
    Actually I am planning on building a DPMS patterned AR10, this seems to be the most popular & supported version of the AR10 type rifles..

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    In the AR 10 world, nothing is universal.

Thats going a little far. DPMS pattern parts all swap. Thats by far the majority of them.

Agreed but far from universal IMO. . As many designs as there are manufacturers even with some commonalities..

This ^^^^.

Commonalities of AR10 types is almost as bad as AR15 piston gun commonalities, with exception of the lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom