• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

I was just wondering, what was your first knife you got, and how old were you?

I guess my thoughts were along the lines of the younger guys who came of age in the 1980's and on, were more for the modern one hand knives I see that are so popular. I was 12 years old in 1963, and dad gave me the Camillus scout knife that I used until I went into the army after high school. Then I used the army issue ML-K knife that people call the 'demo' knife. An all stainlesss steel scout knife.

I have to admit I never understood the Buck knife thing.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    My first were two Navy MKIIs that my grandfather gave me when I was about ten or so and after that a Buck110 my stepfather gave me around the same time . It was all down hill from there .

My sons first knife I gave him and allowed him to carry was a Glock field knife for when we are hiking or camping he was 7 when I gave him that . A month ago I got him his first "EDC" which is a Spyderco Tenacious , he is now 13 .

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I think I was 10 or 11, found a paki knock off buck knife while I was walking along some train tracks. I think I might even have it still stashed somewhere?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    This is what mine looked like.

Attachments

• knife.jpg
      knife.jpg
      5.3 KB · Views: 291

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I think it was some cheap Chinese folder with the confederate flag on the grip

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    No idea. I've had so many knives over the years it is hard to say what was my first. I do know I still have my Boy Scout sheath knife I got when I was about 10 or 11. That would have been around 1964. I recently polished it up with some Flitz and was amazed the shape it is still in. I also inherited my dad's Buck sheath knife that I remember him carrying on scout camp outs and fishing. He got it as a teenager in the 1930s. I have only a handful of family heirlooms, but that is my favorite.

To this day I feel naked without a pocket knife (old style, not one hand fling open and locked). Usually it is a Case or Schrade or occasionally a Puma if I want to "dress up".

Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    First knife was the same Cub Scout knife in Mooseman's picture around age 8. First "real knife was a Buck 110 MF father got for me when I was about 12; still have it, still sharp as ever.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    first knife was a crappy swiss army knife knock-off that was so shitty it literally colored my perception of swiss army knives to this day- I still feel like I can't trust them.

That first knife taught me the value of craftsmanship, and the next knife I obtained that actually belonged to me was a schrade. That knife was a tank, and I think I may still have it somewhere. I learned how to sharpen with that knife, and I learned how to carve and do a lot of other things also.

I bought a schrade knife maybe four years ago out of nostalgia and it was PURE CRAP

I don't know what the hell happened but the knives suck butt now.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Oh, and the knock off was when I was maybe 8, the schrade I saved my allowance for, which I didn't start getting until I was a little older, maybe 10 or 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom