• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can someone please give me the source or article for the gentleman that was visited and had his home searched by the state police because he purchased ammo for a firearm he did not have registered in MD? AGC rep brought this up Tuesday during the house judiciary hearings.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thanks, folks. Just want to rehash it and make sure people know why we oppose the proposed ammo log. The state has already proven that they can't be trusted with a voluntary log, let alone a mandatory log.

Shadetree

Feb 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Bought 45 acp from bass pro to shoot through a friends gun. No Id check, no visit from the midnight storm troopers, YET! Needless to say, I don't own a 45 yet

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    I wonder how and why? this was years back. All my ammo purchase are online, most online stores only ask ID for reference. My question is, do internet stores involve themselves with LE's?

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Certain ammo purchases will receive inspection from the ATF. I'm not sure how the ATF is notified or the threshold for notification but I have experience with the ATF contacting folks to inquire about recent large ammunition purchases. As for MSP, they're unpredictable when it comes to firearms.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This story occurred years ago when WalMart kept a log book of ammo purchases. They no longer keep such a log. Sen. Frosh now wants it to me mandatory.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Can someone please give me the source or article for the gentleman that was visited and had his home searched by the state police because he purchased ammo for a firearm he did not have registered in MD? AGC rep brought this up Tuesday during the house judiciary hearings.

I cant remember his name but he testified about the incident at the SJPC hearings on Feb 6.If no one can provide his email send an email to the LVP@ the AGC to ask the same.
    Apparently this has happened many times.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I wonder how and why? this was years back. All my ammo purchase are online, most online stores only ask ID for reference. My question is, do internet stores involve themselves with LE's?

From my recollection he voluntarilly provided info fir an ammo log at a store in Waldorf or Laplata. The visit was from MSP.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I cant remember his name but he testified about the incident at the SJPC hearings on Feb 6.If no one can provide his email send an email to the LVP@ the AGC to ask the same.
    Apparently this has happened many times.

The story I remember on MDS involved Fred's. the actual guy that was visited had an extensive posting about the encounter.

From my recollection he voluntarilly provided info fir an ammo log at a store in Waldorf or Laplata. The visit was from MSP.

It was required by WalMart at the time. WalMart was the one voluntarily keeping the log.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    You're talking about one specific instance right? Not saying there were not others in MD doing it, correct?

From my knowledge, most if not all WalMarts in MD were keeping the logs. Other stores may have been doing it too, but I am not aware.

BillH

Exalted Grand Poo-bah
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    Think I just go out and buy some ammo for firearms I don't own. Ought to be fun when they show up and I slam the door in their face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom