• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    http://patch.com/maryland/columbia/q-a-the-man-behind-the-choose-insanity-campaign

bfa70f425a1b8a4822c775baa51669a9.jpg

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    I'd say we're quite civil out here in harford. I personally hate going down to southern Maryland, some of the rudest people ive met.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I see this sanctimonious B/S is making it's way down south where normal people at least used to be.:sad20:

Though I hate discourteous people, I feel this has little to do with courtesy.
    The people behind these sorts of things are usually the ''do as I say, not as I do'' types. The message actually reads 'don't make waves, we are in charge'.

Feb 28, 2013
    Though I hate discourteous people, I feel this has little to do with courtesy.
    The people behind these sorts of things are usually the ''do as I say, not as I do'' types. The message actually reads 'don't make waves, we are in charge'.

I reckon that's why it first appeared in Howard county.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I don't find anything wrong with the civility movement other than it is a pipe dream of the uninformed. It reminds me of the hippies in the sixties saying "if everyone smoked pot and ran around naked there would be no more wars." It's just as stupid. Tell civility to the thugs in Baltimore or Pol Pot, Hitler, Isis. It's more packaged ********. I think a lot of the people on this board probably live those 25 things but a lot of people do not. Which brings me to the point that some people just need killin.

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    The real and significant problem is when the admirable goal of "civility" bumps up against the freedom of speech, freedom of thought. The latter should always win unless someone is physically harmed otherwise.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    I am confident enough in myself to be able to say that I both like civility and would prefer everyone practice civility. It isn't a movement unless you think it is. It is just a word and it has a terrific meaning; polite, civilized, respect. I would not put the bumper sticker on my car, I would not join an organization that had slogans in general. But I have no problems at all saying that I am 100% for civility and would be a very happy camper if it was practiced by pro 2A and anti 2A and folks on any side of any issue.

If someone has an agenda when they use a word, I'm not about to give power to anyone to frame the narrative over that word. Civility is great. Practice it. It is not a word with complexities or nuances associated with its meaning unless you let others make it so.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    The real and significant problem is when the admirable goal of "civility" bumps up against the freedom of speech, freedom of thought. The latter should always win unless someone is physically harmed otherwise.

Civility has no quarrels with or is at odds with any form aof free speech. If folks do not show respect for the right to say and think and express as they wish, then they aren't being civil, and thus, civility no longer applies.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    last time I checked civility was not using your HOA to passive aggressively get your neighbor to pick up after his dog when it shits on your lawn, but instead talking to your neighbor and say hey! can you please either not let your dog shit on my lawn or pick it up? I hate mowing the lawn and having the turd thrown at your house

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I always wonder who is the money behind those foundations. 'Foundation for a better living' and other outfits that seem to have a lot of money to spend on TV buys without any discernible direction behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom