• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Do you think the newer redesigned Ruger Mini 14 (with what appears to have a heavier barrel under the handguard) is superior to the older models of Mini 14?

In general what do you think of these rifles (accuracy, reliability, ruggedness, ease of maintenance)?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Do you think the newer redesigned Ruger Mini 14 (with what appears to have a heavier barrel under the handguard) is superior to the older models of Mini 14?

In general what do you think of these rifles (accuracy, reliability, ruggedness, ease of maintenance)?

I've been thinking about a mini 30. No question the newer models of both are more accurate. You might browse the rugerforum.com.
    For the cost of a new rifle, you can send your new rifle to Accuracy Systems and get better accuracy.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just a little motivation.

Got wood?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      99 KB · Views: 1,106

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I've been thinking about a mini 30. No question the newer models of both are more accurate. You might browse the rugerforum.com.
    For the cost of a new rifle, you can send your new rifle to Accuracy Systems and get better accuracy.

:thumbsup: for Accuracy systems

OP, if you haven't checked out their web site, you should! Had a friend that sent AS his Mini.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The question to ask yourself , is do you LIKE a Mini is basically its origional configuration ? If so go for one , the current production are better than ever.

BUT if you want to turn it into an ertaz AR-15 , or want a tinker toy modular gun , you won't be pleased.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I probably misspelled the german word for imatation , aka fake ., aka a slight reslemblence only.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    They are superior to the older "pencil barrel" models. Accuracy is much improved over the older models with a thicker, tapered barrel...I like the traditional look of a mini 14/30 carbine. Mine shoots very well and hits where it is aimed within 1" inch at 50 yards. Good enough for me...

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have a couple of the new Mini-14s, both 5.56. I have had many in the past. Both were bought at local Walmart (Dunkirk Walmart has one in stock right now for a very good price). I do remove the wood stock, and install the overmolded Hogue stocks, purchased from Amazon. Love the guns, work great, only downfall is that the only quality magazines for them are from Ruger and they are expensive. Don't bother with the aftermarket mags, none have been reliable for me. I wish MagPul would get into the market for the Mini and build 30 rounders for it.

jt2100r

Aug 2, 2014
    Huntingtown
    I bought that one in Dunkirk last nite. Put in layaway will pick it up next week when someone will be there for filling out the paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom