• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd go for it. I have a Slidefire, was 3x as much but these stocks aren't that complicated. Should work fine I would think.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I've seen videos that show that it's not hard to make them. If price is a concern you can do it for the cost of a few parts.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It appears that Bumpfire Systems bought the rights to a bump fire design granted in 2000 to the creator of the Akins Accelerator (which was recalled by the ATF because it included a spring on the trigger--which is a no-no).

From what I read Bumpfire and Slidefire each have patent rights now and thus on equal footing as competitors. With either design the stock has about a 2-inch travel, and your trigger hand and finger travel rearward with the sliding action.

You simply hold your finger firmly in place and a forward push from your hand-guard hand PUSHES the trigger into your finger followed by the recoil. The rearward slide/action takes your finger off the trigger for a split-second, allowing the semi-auto trigger to reset. Presto!…. a super fast, semi-auto, legal cycling rate.

And from the promotional video with the Girl In The Lycra Suit, the Bumpfire seems to duplicate the Slidefire's impressive cycle rate. What that means is that it will likely squash Slidefire's sales, unless Slidefire concedes and moves to the $99 price tag.

My prediction: at $99, sales of these slide stocks will jump dramatically, as will the numbers of YOUTUBE videos, but the extra attention will likely agitate the anti's into screaming for restriction/regulation/bans.

It will not be an actual ban that makes them scarce, but the THREAT of any action. If you are on the fence, it looks like $99 could be the price that gets you off the rail. But the minute some anti group really goes ape-shiite over this they will dry up like Nancy Pelosi's va-jay-jay.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Interesting I have a Slide Fire for my AR so I'll wait for the AK model to come out and try it.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I saw the info posted in the depot section last weekend. I placed an order for one Saturday night, I have been eyeballing a slide fire for a while, just not for the current prices. I had a tracking number immediately, and it was delivered on Wed. For $99.00 and free shipping, what's not to like?

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    These things have gotten very good reviews on arfcom. I would buy with confidence if it's something that interests you

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Been intrigued by the bump fire stocks. But I could never justify the cost. This new stock is affordable and I'm going to give it a try.

It's going on my ares mcr. My civilian- poor mans version of the HK m27 IAR

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      43.2 KB · Views: 545

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    Noticed from the pictures it looks like it has to have a flat trigger guard to work.
    Any lower with a forged winter guard might be a problem.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is this a new product?
    Their website says $99 introductory price.

Is there a switch or locking pin to lock the stock in place and disable the bump fire ability?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yes and yes... as with a collapsible stock, you can use the locking pin to lock the stock in place, or unlock it to allow for bump firing.

Only thing I don't like about using a bump stock in single shot mode, is the fact that the stock is a very loose fit to the buffer tube (has to be to allow for bump firing), so when you shoot it normally you'll probably find that you'd rather have a std stock on there... :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom