• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    OP, post up what barrel you end up going with. I have a .40 P229 that is due for a threaded barrel, and I'd like to hear your impressions.

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    OP, post up what barrel you end up going with. I have a .40 P229 that is due for a threaded barrel, and I'd like to hear your impressions.

I will if I ever find one. I contacted SilencerCo to see if they knew of any and they suggested Sig. I think they must've thought I was after a 9mm bbl. Anyway, the search continues...

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Ok, so I'd like to request some more education. From what I'm reading, time from Form 4 submission to stamp receipt is now somewhere in the 12 to 15 month range, but seems to be shorter for folks using the eform 4. I've only seen where trust holders have filed using the eform though. Is this form available to individuals to use or just trusts and the like?

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Ok, so I'd like to request some more education. From what I'm reading, time from Form 4 submission to stamp receipt is now somewhere in the 12 to 15 month range, but seems to be shorter for folks using the eform 4. I've only seen where trust holders have filed using the eform though. Is this form available to individuals to use or just trusts and the like?

You cannot electronically file as an individual, only as a trust, corp, etc.
    If you would like to check out some suppressors, please drop by the shop. I'd recommend going with a .45 can, so you can use it on other pistols in 9mm & 45 as well as your .40. I have Ospreys, TiRants, and SWR Octane 45s all in stock, if you would like to compare a few.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you would like to check out some suppressors, please drop by the shop. I'd recommend going with a .45 can, so you can use it on other pistols in 9mm & 45 as well as your .40. I have Ospreys, TiRants, and SWR Octane 45s all in stock, if you would like to compare a few.

Do yourself a favor, stop by and talk to Vince (the devil). He knows his stuff. Be advised, he has magical powers. :thumbsup:

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County

I will definitely stop by. I hear what you are saying about multi caliber use on the 45 can, but I may still wish to go with the 40 to maximize noise reduction for that caliber. I could still use it on my 9 just the 45 would get no love.

Can you tell me- is the BATFE moving towards eforms for individuals or is that a pipe dream? Seems to me this is just like the MSP debacle but at the Federal level and they need to add significant staff to catch up. Frankly, I don't know why they don't deregulate suppressors- not like they completely mask all sound as Hollyweird would have us believe.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Ah my friend (OP), now that I understand you're using a Sig P229 chambered in 40 S&W, I feel your pain in shopping for a threaded barrel. I had the same problem finding a Sig P226 barrel chambered in 9mm, but wanted a 1/2x28 thread, instead of the Sig European thread. All I can say is... Bar-Sto, Bar-Sto, Bar-Sto! They make some of the best custom barrels for Sig, and in all the calibers and threads you could imagine. They're not cheap (approx $320) and not fast (approx 4-6 months), but are probably the best! And if this is your HD firearm, buy the best!

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=229&cco=68

The bottom selection row is for a threaded barrel "Sig Sauer 229 Ext.&T". I would guess you would choose the following.

Semi-fit (Match Target are tighter fit barrels), 40S&W, No caliber conversion, with 13.5x1 LH thread (SilencerCo makes an Osprey piston for this pitch).

Hope that helps some. Order it now and it'll be in before your Osprey gets approved.

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Ah my friend (OP), now that I understand you're using a Sig P229 chambered in 40 S&W, I feel your pain in shopping for a threaded barrel. I had the same problem finding a Sig P226 barrel chambered in 9mm, but wanted a 1/2x28 thread, instead of the Sig European thread. All I can say is... Bar-Sto, Bar-Sto, Bar-Sto! They make some of the best custom barrels for Sig, and in all the calibers and threads you could imagine. They're not cheap (approx $320) and not fast (approx 4-6 months), but are probably the best! And if this is your HD firearm, buy the best!

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=229&cco=68

The bottom selection row is for a threaded barrel "Sig Sauer 229 Ext.&T". I would guess you would choose the following.

Semi-fit (Match Target are tighter fit barrels), 40S&W, No caliber conversion, with 13.5x1 LH thread (SilencerCo makes an Osprey piston for this pitch).

Hope that helps some. Other it now and it'll be in before your Osprey gets approved.

Wouldn't you know I had just come back to the forum to write that I'd found Bar-Sto made these barrels and you've beat me to it. Looks like I've got a path ahead now and soon the long wait will begin. With any luck I'll have a new addition by Christmas!

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Wouldn't you know I had just come back to the forum to write that I'd found Bar-Sto made these barrels and you've beat me to it. Looks like I've got a path ahead now and soon the long wait will begin. With any luck I'll have a new addition by Christmas!

Good luck sir! You can't go wrong with Bar-sto, plus they will not charge your credit card until the barrel is complete. Now go fill out a form 4 already! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom