• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Got everything from UPS today.

The KMR doesn't even feel normal in your hand. It's so damn light. It's 5 ounces without the barrel nut. The finish is great as well. This is the first time I've held one without being on a rifle and I just can't get over how light it really is.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ferrets and mine are due Thursday.

Gotta figure out what rifle to use it on - obvious answer, an AR.

*Just knew ferret would be a smartass if I didn't elaborate. :D

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Ferrets and mine are due Thursday.

Gotta figure out what rifle to use it on - obvious answer, an AR.

*Just knew ferret would be a smartass if I didn't elaborate. :D

When you get them in, let me know what you think about how they feel.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    Got everything from UPS today.

The KMR doesn't even feel normal in your hand. It's so damn light. It's 5 ounces without the barrel nut. The finish is great as well. This is the first time I've held one without being on a rifle and I just can't get over how light it really is.

Whats the I.D. of the rail? I cannot find that info on BCM's websight and am surely not gonna drop the money to find out its too narrow for my needs

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    if you need something to accommodate a suppressor, the Seekins MCSR is really ****.

I figured you would chime in. Always thankful for your insight knowing where the open questions are leading.....

other side of the coin, this new bcm is obviously too narrow. Unfortunate. I will have to check that MCSR out. Thanks friend.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    happy to help. if you're not too far away, i'd be willing to meet up with you with just the rail to see if it's the proper ID for your needs. numerically, it's 1.8".

tchin

May 15, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    Received my rail yesterday, and installed it today. It's super light and great quality. So much more comfortable to hold compared to the quad rail.
    img_14282.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Didn't get to install, my plan of attack bit me in the ass. Forgot that both my rifle's muzzle device is permanently attached - D'oh.

First impression - The rail is amazingly light. Freaking barrel nut has got to be the heaviest part of the equation. My YHM rails feel like they're made of lead compared to the KMR.

Coating has a nice texture to it, kind of like a wrinkled finish - reminiscent of bed liner, but smoother to the touch.

Looks like I'll be building another upper, it's a pity to have this nice new rail sitting here and nothing to install it on - that doesn't have a permanently attached muzzle device.

*ferret, we'll arrange something so you can get your rail, it's nice.

RAC

Mar 10, 2011
    MD

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn , that sucks man . I have a drill press & welders you are welcome to use .

Appreciate the offer. :thumbsup:

One rifle, I'll leave it be since I don't want to possibly ruin the suppressor mount trying to remove it.

The other rifle, I could just chop the barrel down and still have it be legal, but A.A. strikes again - the gas-block won't fit inside the BCM rail. Alexander Arms and those damned .906" gas-blocks, it's a PITA.

Thankfully I already had another upper receiver and BCG sitting on standby, so I'll just build up another one and use the BCM rail on that instead. :D

tchin

May 15, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    @Tchin...How much did you have to heat the rail up before it would slide over the barrel nut?

I just did like the instructions said, about 1minute with the hairdryer. After that it went on about half way, so I just used the hairdryer again and used a rubber mallet to tap it the rest of the way. It's a tight fit, but wasn't hard to install.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Looks good.

But how much weight did the cerakote add?? :D

I don't know man but I was just comparing this with my other uppers. This is my first Stainless Barrel so it adds a little weight and it's still lighter than my uppers with light weight barrels on them. It almost feels like a toy.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just fvcking around with ya. ;)

Haven't even gotten a barrel/caliber decided on for the build that my KMR is going on yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom