• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I'm always had a thing for nostalgic firearms however finding ammunition for historic guns isn't always the easiest, and another caliber is the last thing I need. I've shot several M1 carbines over the last few years and it's a terrific little gun with a great balance low recoil. It also happens to be the firearm my grandfather lugged across Europe.

When I saw Citadel's 22LR version online I was like wow that is neat, however I didn't really need another 22. Earlier this year Citadel previewed the 9mm version at the Shot show and I was like wow this is exactly what I've been looking for. Simple, classic, and chambered in 9mm. The rifle also utilizes beretta 92 style mags. Which are very close in dimension to 226 mags so I see a dremel tool in my future to make a sweet rifle pistol combo.

Overall I was impressed with the build quality of the gun. There is a good amount of steel in the receiver, bolt, and sights. Other parts like the bayonet lug and trigger guard are plastic. I haven't fully disassembled it yet and my only complaint so far is Citadel did a poor job packing the rifle and the magazines shifted and nicked the stock up. I'll contact Citadel and see what they offer to do.

I ran 150 rounds through the gun this afternoon right after I cleaned the barrel with frog lube and sprayed the whole gun down with Ballistol. During the site in I had to tighten the rear sight with a 5/16" hex key. Once the rear sight was properly tightened I was able to successfully get the rifle sighted in an produced the group pictured below at 25y. The gun cycled perfectly on the WWB 115g ammunition.

DSC_0215new.jpg

DSC_0217new.jpg

DSC_0218new.jpg

DSC_0219new.jpg

DSC_0220new.jpg

DSC_0221new.jpg

DSC_0223new.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Keep up the feedback, we had a thread going a while back that was less than positive but Citadel has typically had issues with the first couple runs and then they start running ok.

Really hoping these work out to be good guns, 9mm, Beretta mags.........would be a good fit.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Nice write and great pictures. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Looks nice, and a very nice group. It would make a very nice mate for my M1 Carbine. Less expensive to shoot. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Where did you get it? Did you purchase it direct from Citadel?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Im curious as well, I have seen a few on gunbroker but havent dabbled due to the high bid premium. Hoping if these prove reliable Citadel will flood the market like they did with the .22s, keeping prices down.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Would it be difficult to modify it or the mags so that the 226 mags work with it? I have Kel-Tec that is going back to the factory. If they don't get that jamomatic fixed I am going to be looking for a home for number of 226 mags, and this might fit the bill?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    It was 550 shipped from kygunco.com, other retailers were listing the wood stock model for almost $700.

I already cut a notch in two of my generic 226 mags, it was pretty easy. I'll try them out next time at the range but I don't see any reason why there would be any issues. It seems odd how the mags are inserted straight into the rifle but the rounds then feed straight into the chamber without a need for a ramp.

Oiler and sling are the next purchase. I did think about the canvas USGI reproduction canvas bag too.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It was 550 shipped from kygunco.com, other retailers were listing the wood stock model for almost $700.

I already cut a notch in two of my generic 226 mags, it was pretty easy. I'll try them out next time at the range but I don't see any reason why there would be any issues. It seems odd how the mags are inserted straight into the rifle but the rounds then feed straight into the chamber without a need for a ramp.

Oiler and sling are the next purchase. I did think about the canvas USGI reproduction canvas bag too.

Thats not bad, if they keep running and quality turns out good one will be in the mail to my favorite FFL.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    El Patron Grande agrees!

To much for plastic parts. I'd pay $700 if everything was the same as the original .30cal. But I will not jump on that thing until it goes under $500 (top end 10/22 territory).

I want one because of my surplus of Beretta mags, but I agree.

OT: I've been seeing a lot of "banned" lately btw. Are people making this their words under their avatar? or have a lot of people really been getting banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom