• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I don't have one and have not shot one. I am leary of anything now coming from Remington and have doubts that anything today can outshine a Beretta.

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    So my dad grew up shooting, and wants a shotgun, He wants this bad, I am interested in any reviews people come up with. Also why is this special? It does stuff pump actions have done for a long time. Have there not been semi autos that fire all 3 shell lengths?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Curious about this firearm myself.If it lives up to the hype it's gonna be my shtf shotgun. I'm also curious if it'll cycle those mini buck loads.

jobow74

Mar 30, 2011
    Snow Hill
    So my dad grew up shooting, and wants a shotgun, He wants this bad, I am interested in any reviews people come up with. Also why is this special? It does stuff pump actions have done for a long time. Have there not been semi autos that fire all 3 shell lengths?

It's not that they have not fired all three shell lengths before. It is the fact that it reduces the recoil by only using a certain amount of gas ports to effectively cycle the round. As in if you shoot a 2 3/4 it would use more gas ports to eject that shell. The longer the shell the less gas ports needed. This way you can effeciently shoot all lengths.

I have shot both the Versamax and Xtrema II, I love Remington but honestly for the price I would go with the Beretta. They both are doing the same job but the Xtrema has been around longer and are usually found a bit cheaper. But thats just my .02

Sirex