• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    So here is the $64000 question. Are there any FFL in Maryland preferably in my area that will ship a firearm to another state for me. I'm being told by the good people at the post office and the local Maryland State Police barracks I can no longer ship a rifle out of state without a FFL on both ends

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So here is the $64000 question. Are there any FFL in Maryland preferably in my area that will ship a firearm to another state for me. I'm being told by the good people at the post office and the local Maryland State Police barracks I can no longer ship a rifle out of state without a FFL on both ends

This is somewhat correct. You don't need an FFL to ship necessarily, but you do need an FFL to receive. Also shipping as an individual calls for you to ship next day (really expensive) with either Fedex or UPS.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Maryland to North Carolina.

I knew about the FFL having to receive it. But I'm being told an FFL has to send it

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks guys. Got the answer. Local FFL will ship it for me. Just pay him for the shipping.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    When did this law change, if it did? I've shipped dozens of rifles, including a couple of ARs via USPS and mostly UPS. Hand guns are the only thing I had to ship overnite.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You do NOT need to ship a long gun overnight.

You only need an FFL at the receiving end. IF that FFL will accept a shipment from a private individual.

Ask the people at the post office and MSP barracks to show you the law that says you have to have an FFL at both ends for a LONG GUN.

USPS DOES require FFL at both ends for a handgun.

UPS and FedEx do NOT require FFL at both ends for handgun, but it must go overnight.

If you need to ship a handgun, I hear that Bud's will "ship" it for you to another FFL. They send you a shipping label that shows it being shipped from them to the other FFL and you can use USPS (MUCH cheaper for overnight than UPS or FedEx).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom