• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Just was on the Licensing Division website and noticed that the C308 was banned on July 17th? What happened? :mad54::mad54::mad54:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's new. But they have a lot of stuff listed as banned which just fail features test.

I thought they were good to go once the flashider was replaced.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Likely some f*cking ******* felt they needed to submit one for clarification. The MSP aren't firearms experts, so since it looks like a G3, they banned it. Now it's going to take a lawyer and a bunch of money to appeal it to make it legal again, which no one is going to pay for. STOP SUBMITTING THINGS TO MSP PEOPLE. If you ask, they'll find a way to tell you it's banned even if it shouldn't be.

Feb 28, 2013
    That's new. But they have a lot of stuff listed as banned which just fail features test.

I'm still wondering about that. Is something is listed as banned based only on the features test, would simply replacing the flash hider be enough?

Likely some f*cking ******* felt they needed to submit one for clarification. The MSP aren't firearms experts, so since it looks like a G3, they banned it. Now it's going to take a lawyer and a bunch of money to appeal it to make it legal again, which no one is going to pay for. STOP SUBMITTING THINGS TO MSP PEOPLE. If you ask, they'll find a way to tell you it's banned even if it shouldn't be.

:banghead:

Morons are why we can never have nice things for long. Musta been that idiot up in Cecil that was sellin' AR-10s as "regulated". I'm glad I snatched one up when I did.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I thought the Tavor was as they have it listed as a copycat, but they provide more detail on the side.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I'm still wondering about that. Is something is listed as banned based only on the features test, would simply replacing the flash hider be enough?

:banghead:

Morons are why we can never have nice things for long. Musta been that idiot up in Cecil that was sellin' AR-10s as "regulated". I'm glad I snatched one up when I did.

It's not the feature test. As per the website, "Copy of an enumerated banned assault weapon." How is it a copy of just one weapon when it's technically parts from two weapons that has zero commonality with a G3?

Feb 28, 2013
    It's not the feature test. As per the website, "Copy of an enumerated banned assault weapon." How is it a copy of just one weapon when it's technically parts from two weapons that has zero commonality with a G3?

Actually, Jimbob was referring to something else we talked about in another thread.

But I do agree. Duffy's tried to swap the bolt in one of these with that out of an HK91, and the gun locked up so tight they almost couldn't get it back apart.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The C308 isn't a copycat, that's for sure. The MSP has erroneously banned it, and MSI or someone else is going to need to step up and file a lawsuit to stop these erroneous classifications of non-copy guns. They've been doing this for years, and it doesn't seem to be a priority on anyone's radar to stop it.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    They are also now listing the Sig Sauer MCX as banned saying it's a copy of a banned rifle. How is that possible since it's a brand new proprietary system?

Feb 28, 2013
    I just posted screenshots of the MSP stupidity in Duffy's and Engage's IP sections. I wonder if any were sold since the 17th?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

It doesn't fail the features test either. They are GTG as is. Of the three evil features it only has the flash hider.

This one will probably get worked out. A lot of these have been sold.

+1
    Seems to be a pattern here lately.:sad20: People are stupid,ask for forgiveness not permission.

Feb 28, 2013
    It doesn't fail the features test either. They are GTG as is. Of the three evil features it only has the flash hider.

This one will probably get worked out. A lot of these have been sold.

I'm not counting on it. The number of seemingly perfectly GTG rifles is mounting.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom