• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Plenty of factory Glock mags for every model/caliber and I did see some 9mm mags marked 9mm AR. Precision was awesome and hooked my up with exactly what i had been looking for. They also had an aftermarket AR carbine stock for $50 that looked interesting (can't remember the manufacturer). Very good show for me!

Thanks for the reports. I'm shocked that some folks are liking this show more than the Chantilly show

I have found that PA FFLs tend to be more receptive and sympathetic to MD residents. They will sell to us and often make the comment "you need to leave that state". Whereas VA FFLs are known for simply hearing "Maryland" and telling us to pound sand.

BTW- I was there when the show opened at 9:00. By 10:30, the place was a zoo.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I like this show about as much as Chantilly. Slightly better prices, and it's $4-5 cheaper to get in. Picked up a nice Smith Corona 1903A3 with 6-groove barrel for a decent price.

EddieB

Apr 1, 2009
    Frederick Co.
    I have found that PA FFLs tend to be more receptive and sympathetic to MD residents. They will sell to us and often make the comment "you need to leave that state". Whereas VA FFLs are known for simply hearing "Maryland" and telling us to pound sand.

That has been my experience as well.

Eddie

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Got some needed goodies, but only figured out that I had only seen 50% of the show when I left... I had no clue there was another building...

whoops, lol.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Got some needed goodies, but only figured out that I had only seen 50% of the show when I left... I had no clue there was another building...

whoops, lol.

nice meeting BTW!
    :)

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Went up to the show today, seemed like more junk dealers at this show.
    Picked up a pristine Winchester model 88 for $55 and a mag for my Mauser Hsc, which turned out to be incorrect, I think it is for sa Mauser Model 1914 or 1934. I should have taken the pistol with me to check for fit and function.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Went up to the show today, seemed like more junk dealers at this show.
    Picked up a pristine Winchester model 88 for $55 and a mag for my Mauser Hsc, which turned out to be incorrect, I think it is for sa Mauser Model 1914 or 1934. I should have taken the pistol with me to check for fit and function.

Picked up a pristine Winchester model 88 for $55 ???

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I like this show about as much as Chantilly. Slightly better prices, and it's $4-5 cheaper to get in. Picked up a nice Smith Corona 1903A3 with 6-groove barrel for a decent price.

Define decent price, regulars don't hold back here. ALWAYS good to see what the market will bear for the best C&R bolt out there!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Sorry Lou I ment to say model 88 mag.

I thought you meant the rifle but left off the zero after $55. :)

It all makes sense now.

Remember, it's the li'l things that can make a GREAT BIG difference. Example:

I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse but I wouldn't help my Uncle jack off his horse. See what I mean??? :lol2::lol2::lol2:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I thought you meant the rifle but left off the zero after $55. :)

It all makes sense now.

Remember, it's the li'l things that can make a GREAT BIG difference. Example:

I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse but I wouldn't help my Uncle jack off his horse. See what I mean??? :lol2::lol2::lol2:

I see what you mean, I must have been lucky as I didn't have an uncle named Jack, nor did any of my uncles own a horse. $550 would be a heli of a buy on a pristine Model 88 as it was I picked it up 2 years ago in a private sale for $625, it is a first year model with a 4 digit serial number, in very nice condition. I would post a picture, but it is about 10 deep in the safe.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

$650 OTD. It's a 6-groove Smith Corona with a Scant Stock. Unrebuilt with all cartouches on stock (FJA, the US Ordinance Logo, and a P). It wasn't a smoking deal, but it was the nicest one I have come across lately, and the cheapest one there somehow. There were a tone of Smith Corona guns, but only one Remington 03A3 (and an okay Remington 1903 with mixmaster stock).

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    did anyone else notice the number of krags floating around at the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom