• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I spoke with him after the meeting. He said they told him last night he would be up next week.

Chairman Wilson did say that he knew that it would be short notice but that they would try to reach out to applicants to have some hearings next week.

Completely ridiculous but in his defense the board does not have an admin assistant.

Wait! I thought they got not one but two. In addition to Mr. Neverdone. What happened? More skulduggery?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wait! I thought they got not one but two. In addition to Mr. Neverdone. What happened? More skulduggery?

Nope they haven't filled the slots yet, still haven't found anyone with legal knowledge to help them out. Neverdone isn't an administrative anything, and neither was Ms. Harris (She is actually the #2 at DPSC).

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    Gents,
    Just confirming that I am indeed on deck for the 05Apr mtg. Was contacted yesterday by Ms. Harris.
    Regardless of what others have stated I believe the Board has been moving in the right direction, and I am hoping for a fair hearing on my case.
    Some on this forum may be upset however when they realize my hearing will be in private due to security reasons. I apologize in advance to you for that situation.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Gents,
    Just confirming that I am indeed on deck for the 05Apr mtg. Was contacted yesterday by Ms. Harris.
    Regardless of what others have stated I believe the Board has been moving in the right direction, and I am hoping for a fair hearing on my case.
    Some on this forum may be upset however when they realize my hearing will be in private due to security reasons. I apologize in advance to you for that situation.

Do what you got to do. Just keep hammering them on the burden of proof, and you should be fine.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Gents,

The only person that may be upset is Senator McFadden, because he won't be able to keep his eyes on what's going on! :D

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Word on the street is just show up to the new board, and you get your gun permit

McFadden said we are in awash of permits being rubber stamped by the board. He said the board has shift hard right. Must be true, they issued so many permits, there aren't any people left to schedule in for the meeting. Word on the street is if the MSP deny you a gun (note: not a CCW), the board will override them. I guess that is the new law I haven't heard of yet.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Gents,

Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but how can the "process" be heading in the right direction? The board may be more fair, but the process will never allow any significant quantity of people get a permit even if 100% overruling the MSP. They don't meet enough to make a dent in the "desired" versus "approved" numbers. Meeting two times a month for 3 hours would at max allow only about 100 permits (2 times a month, 4 applications per meeting). I guess the long game will force changes in the process. In the recording of Mr. Wilson, he seems like the right guy for the job.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Gents,

Good luck sir!

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    McFadden said we are in awash of permits being rubber stamped by the board. He said the board has shift hard right. Must be true, they issued so many permits, there aren't any people left to schedule in for the meeting. Word on the street is if the MSP deny you a gun (note: not a CCW), the board will override them. I guess that is the new law I haven't heard of yet.

Which makes one wonder why they even bothered with a third meeting for March if there is only one person on board for next Tuesday. Guess the members all needed a little extra expense money.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Gents,

Not to be obstinate but how can a rehearing of a previous case that was heard in public now be in private?

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

95%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom