• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Nope, and between my wife's recovery, House gun bill day, and possible business travel I likely won't make the meeting.

UPDATE: Well I just got the mail (3/12) and low and behold I received a letter dated 3/8 from DPSCS confirming the HGPRB did not reach a decision in my case after the initial 12/15 hearing, and that a rehearing before the full Board has been scheduled for Tuesday evening 3/15. Now I just have to figure out how to prepare, and if I can get there on such short notice. Hearings are supposed to be on 10 days advance notice, which obviously didn't occur here, and I could request a postponement, but I really don't want to be the one holding this up any longer. Besides if I don't make it, its already way too late for someone else to fill the slot and that will just waste more of the Board's valuable time and delay another appellant's case.

I had more or less decided against being able to attend the meeting on the 15th. My wife just had major surgery, and although she is now home she really can't be left alone for any length of time just yet. Hopefully she will be doing much better in a few days, and perhaps I can get a neighbor to at least check on her a few times in the evening. Plus, good thing I was able to push a business trip off until Thursday. They wanted Tuesday but with the Mrs.' condition I was able to delay it a few days. I was also being optimistic that I might be able to slip away from work for a few hours to attend part of the House Gun Bill Day on Tuesday, or at least tote a few signs around for Rack, but that is out of the question now.

Last, I brought a ton of work home for this weekend to catch up after missing several days because of my wife's surgery, but if I can still figure out how to reduce a binder full of information into a 10-15 minute presentation :lol2: by Monday morning I suppose I won't be requesting a postponement.

All the above said, I really do appreciate the Board's time and consideration, and I look forward to a rehearing and their objective decision. Hopefully that will occur Tuesday.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    UPDATE: Well I just got the mail (3/12) and low and behold I received a letter dated 3/8 from DPSCS confirming the HGPRB did not reach a decision in my case after the initial 12/15 hearing, and that a rehearing before the full Board has been scheduled for Tuesday evening 3/15. Now I just have to figure out how to prepare, and if I can get there on such short notice. Hearings are supposed to be on 10 days advance notice, which obviously didn't occur here, and I could request a postponement, but I really don't want to be the one holding this up any longer. Besides if I don't make it, its already way too late for someone else to fill the slot and that will just waste more of the Board's valuable time and delay another appellant's case.

I had more or less decided against being able to attend the meeting on the 15th. My wife just had major surgery, and although she is now home she really can't be left alone for any length of time just yet. Hopefully she will be doing much better in a few days, and perhaps I can get a neighbor to at least check on her a few times in the evening. Plus, good thing I was able to push a business trip off until Thursday. They wanted Tuesday but with the Mrs.' condition I was able to delay it a few days. I was also being optimistic that I might be able to slip away from work for a few hours to attend part of the House Gun Bill Day on Tuesday, or at least tote a few signs around for Rack, but that is out of the question now.

Last, I brought a ton of work home for this weekend to catch up after missing several days because of my wife's surgery, but if I can still figure out how to reduce a binder full of information into a 10-15 minute presentation :lol2: by Monday morning I suppose I won't be requesting a postponement.

All the above said, I really do appreciate the Board's time and consideration, and I look forward to a rehearing and their objective decision. Hopefully that will occur Tuesday.

I'm glad you're finally getting your hearing but the short notice is complete ********. What happened to the "customer service" that the chairman keeps talking about?

Or were the letters all made up and just sat on an admin's desk for a week?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I'm glad you're finally getting your hearing but the short notice is complete ********. What happened to the "customer service" that the chairman keeps talking about?

Or were the letters all made up and just sat on an admin's desk for a week?

:stupid:

Less than a weeks notice? And even dated only 7 days before?!?!? :bs:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    UPDATE: Well I just got the mail (3/12) and low and behold I received a letter dated 3/8 from DPSCS confirming the HGPRB did not reach a decision in my case after the initial 12/15 hearing, and that a rehearing before the full Board has been scheduled for Tuesday evening 3/15...........

So all the facts have magically changed? What a hot mess...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Gryphon's accordian file case is bigger than Myron Floren's accordion on the Lawrence Welk Show.

I want to be there for the Gryphon Polka...anna one, anna two...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      8.8 KB · Views: 386

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Gryphon,

Prepare the best you can and if the decision goes against you blame it on the inadequate notice and request no demand an additional hearing with the proper notice. (one more bite at the apple because they would if the situation was reversed)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good Luck Gryphon. When did you apply? I know its been a while and I'm kinda curious if your CCW training is still valid lol. No offense meant.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Good Luck Gryphon. When did you apply? I know its been a while and I'm kinda curious if your CCW training is still valid lol. No offense meant.

It only has to be valid when you send in the initial application. Their stalling via the appeals process does not affect it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hey thanks for all the moral support guys. Mrs. is doing better than expected, but finding the time to reduce 20 pounds into a 1 pound bag has been illusive.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Damn, wasn't planning on going bc the Mrs has to work that night. I may be inclined to find a sitter now though.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    It only has to be valid when you send in the initial application. Their stalling via the appeals process does not affect it.

Exactly. Kind of like how you have to attached a passport photo that has been taken within 10 days so that the picture still looks like you 18 months later when they get around to making your permit. :sad20:

Damn, wasn't planning on going bc the Mrs has to work that night. I may be inclined to find a sitter now though.

I wasn't planning to attend either, but one doesn't miss events like this.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Interesting, the letter dated 3/8, mailed 3/10 and that I received on 3/12, says its at Reisterstown Plaza, BUT you are correct the website says:

Handgun Permit Review Board

"The Handgun Permit Review Board will be meeting on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm and March 29th, 2016 at 6:00 pm. at the Maryland State Police Barracks P, 6800 Aviation Blvd., Glen Burnie, MD 21061."

https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Has to be a mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom