• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You know with the ban of the Semi auto AR15 in MD, granting the exceptions... in this state a DIAS probably makes a little less sense. I think a RR AR15 conversion is the way to go.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    New ones are like $300, if that.

That one word "Transferable" makes a world of difference.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    dude, these things cant weigh more than a few ounces. Literally worth 10x its weight in gold :shocking:

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    dude, these things cant weigh more than a few ounces. Literally worth 10x its weight in gold :shocking:

Its the sheet of paper that worth $$$ the DIAS is cheap. Your paying $4,666 per gram for the sheet of paper(4.5 grams). Gold is about $42 a gram. So you are paying 100x its weight in gold;) for the sheet of paper.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Its the sheet of paper that worth $$$ the DIAS is cheap. Your paying $4,666 per gram for the sheet of paper(4.5 grams). Gold is about $42 a gram. So you are paying 100x its weight in gold;) for the sheet of paper.

lol. But it is actually the serialized sear body that's what you're buying. If that breaks, aren't you kind of sol? :shrug:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    lol. But it is actually the serialized sear body that's what you're buying. If that breaks, aren't you kind of sol? :shrug:

I don't know, but for that kind of money, I would hope not. But being the kind of person I am, I'd almost bet you are.

Jim Smith

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Does this thing actually work, in terms of turning a standard semi-auto AR15 into a reliable full-auto AR15? I guess what I'm asking is, if making a full-auto AR was this easy, why don't military M16's/M4's use these, instead of having a different set of fire control components?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Does this thing actually work, in terms of turning a standard semi-auto AR15 into a reliable full-auto AR15? I guess what I'm asking is, if making a full-auto AR was this easy, why don't military M16's/M4's use these, instead of having a different set of fire control components?

Because the cross pin, spring and metal flipper used on factory MG auto sears is cheaper, and MUCH easier to make.

sear.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom