• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Last powder I bought was Unique a couple years ago at Gander. I NEED IMR 4895 or IMR 4064 for Garand & Krag reasons. I'll be damned if I pay the hazmat fee's so what other box stores might have it if Gander doesn't? :sad20:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You I think are going to have to make calls and travel.
    BassPro had some weeks ago and that was a big shipment of various stuff that seemed to only happen since last summer.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Last powder I bought was Unique a couple years ago at Gander. I NEED IMR 4895 or IMR 4064 for Garand & Krag reasons. I'll be damned if I pay the hazmat fee's so what other box stores might have it if Gander doesn't? :sad20:

Gander no longer carries powder (or bullets) in store so don't waste your time there. They do have a very limited BP section however.

Cabela's in Harrisburg usually has some supplies on hand, no telling if they have exactly what you're looking for though.

If you can make it, there should be some at the Chantilly show this weekend.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I bought my powder last time I went to the Chantilly show. I bought it for the same price it would have cost online before hazmat. Plenty of options as well.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Trop gun shop in PA had many rifle powders last Saturday. No h335, varget, or such. Less commonly used Hodgdon and IMR powders. No pistol powders.

Nope, no 1680 either.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Gander no longer carries powder (or bullets) in store so don't waste your time there. They do have a very limited BP section however.

Cabela's in Harrisburg usually has some supplies on hand, no telling if they have exactly what you're looking for though.

If you can make it, there should be some at the Chantilly show this weekend.

Called them, they claim they do but are out... no shock there. :sad20:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    GOT IT!!!! Winks in Princess Anne.... 32 bucks plus tax for IMR4895, very fair I thought considering. No phuck you, thank you or kiss my ass but frequently seen with the breeding strain one see's in these parts. :rolleyes: :shrug: One needs to remember that before the bay bridge they were ALL cousins. ;) Wink's DOES have a good inventory of many things though, maybe too much redundancy between brands.

I used Paypal from my Ebay stuff...... it ain't "real money" right?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    winks is hit and miss on customer service

walk in one time, and barely get talked to

walk in another time, and your an old friend

He actually gave me good service as far as when he got the powder he was going to ring me up but I said I'll look around for a second. Went back and he took me over the guy that was there renewing a crabbing license. GOOD customer service, bad manners. I made a second career in retail and NEVER forgot the simple "thank you" even if it were a 99 cent garbage sale. :shrug:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Buy 5 lbs and sell what you don't need. Same with primers, buy 5,000
    and sell off some. Some of the online stores pack powder and primers '
    in same box. I know midwayusa.com doesn't tho.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    State law says you have to keep the powder in the original container, so I hope you have some empties if you are going to split it up.
    I don't write it, just mentioning it.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

How soon do you need it and do you ever make it as far as frederick or dc? Seen 8lb for 199 and singles for 28.

I would grab you some just dont want to be holding it forever.

You can pm me if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom