• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Yep, $429, still have free shipping and cabelas bucks but would jump on it for the op's price.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Looks like they changed the price?

Damn looks like it changed that quick. I wonder if it was a typo? Glad I ordered one as soon as I saw it up. Sorry guys, I was hoping someone else could get in on it.

Products Ordered

1 of 71-3887 VORTEX 30MM VIPER HS RIFLESCOPE 2.5-10X44 VPLEX @ $224.88 each
    In stock-Approx delivery Wed 3/11
    Total

Merchandise = $224.88
    ORDER TOTAL = $224.88

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Why do they (meaning all distributors) buy so many plex style reticles? Seems they're always the ones on clearance because most people want a better reticle, especially on a high magnification scope.

:shrug:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Why do they (meaning all distributors) buy so many plex style reticles? Seems they're always the ones on clearance because most people want a better reticle, especially on a high magnification scope.

Hunters like the plex reticles. For range use I prefer a fine plex reticle. You can dial in range on the turrets if you need to shoot longer distances. You are correct though that todays consumer likes the bells and whistles of more complicated reticles.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Yep.

Growing up in the '80's, I think this explains my fascination with TMR reticles. :lol2:

PYRO.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Just got a backorder email from Cabelas. Looks like they are honoring the price but it's not expected in for 3 months. I think I can wait that long for a deal this good.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So in the middle of the night I get an email from Cabelas that the scope shipped. Strangest thing is they shipped me the scope and never charged my credit card. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Scope came in with the 50$ Cabelas cash. I used that to buy a Nightforce 20 moa base. So my cost for the scope was 174$.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Don't worry, I've heard directly from Vortex that they're discontinuing the V-plex reticle in some models of their line-up.

The Viper HS 6-24x50 for example.

Russ, smoking deal on that. I got that mag out earlier today for you.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    People who review stuff on company websites never cease to amaze me. They give a scope '5 stars' when their review is: I just got this and it looks really great in the box. :rolleyes:
    Not a single shot fired, no gun sighted in but they have to 'review' their new possession.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Don't worry, I've heard directly from Vortex that they're discontinuing the V-plex reticle in some models of their line-up.

The Viper HS 6-24x50 for example.

Russ, smoking deal on that. I got that mag out earlier today for you.

Thanks bud, I really appreciate the kindness. I hope I can repay you for it.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    People who review stuff on company websites never cease to amaze me. They give a scope '5 stars' when their review is: I just got this and it looks really great in the box. :rolleyes:
    Not a single shot fired, no gun sighted in but they have to 'review' their new possession.

Yeah that always drives me crazy. FWIW The scope is very bright and the clicks are crisp. Vortex Viper scopes are a good value and the normal retail prices. At this price it really is a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom