• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    To do really good in USPSA you need to use the Peter Hoyle shooting formula.:)
    And by that I mean if you can get around 80-90% of the max points shooting as fast as you can humanly do it you will easily beat anyone who tries to get every single point. And I mean if every target has one A and one C hit you are doing it correctly because if you take time to get 2 A hits your time divider will almost always be worse than the guy who goes really fast and only worries about getting the first hit as an A. There is a fine training regimen to tune this to get the max out of it. This an an addendum to the gaming aspects of USPSA/IPSC. This can get you a high B low A ranking really fast if you have any skills at all. Still as you rise up in ranking the guys in the M/GM categories can usually shoot really fast and still get 95% of the possible points. So at that point you need to get more speed and accuracy.

I also need to get my fat behind to run on the stages, not power walk :lol: When I switched from my Stock CZ-75B with mil-spec sights to my P16-40 Limited with target sights, I manage a 95% hit rate on steel versus 40%. Paper was better with the Limited gun, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom