NAA .22 Mag Mini revolver - not on MD Roster??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    This revolver is not on the roster but has been around for about 20 years. Anyone know what the deal is? Was it rejected at some point or is Maryland the only state where no one wants to sell these?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    only the Black powder one is MD legal.

The Earl 1860-4 in .22 Mag is on the roster and has been for a very long time.

OP, there is close to zero chance of getting additional NAA revolvers on the roster since MSP will not approve a handgun that lacks a trigger guard. Yeah, we know it's single-action and the trigger is recessed until the hammer is cocked. But that kind of logical, "common sense" argument is sure to fail. Not that I haven't felt the temptation to submit one for review anyway. Believe me. I've seriously considered it for years but I know I will have to bring a good 2A lawyer with me.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    OP, there is close to zero chance of getting additional NAA revolvers on the roster since MSP will not approve a handgun that lacks a trigger guard.

Lord that is the dumbest logic. BB - I hear you, they are not going to approve it. Thanks for the insight. Very disappointing.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Damm dangerous revolver. A friends wife put it to her head while having an argument with him and it went off. I think Chery was not tring to kill herself. The bullet entered the forehead and lodged in the back of the skull. I kept the damm thing in my safe for him because his wife had a drinking problem. She was sober a couple of months and he asked for it back. Wish I talked him out of it.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    The gun is a worthless piece of junk. It is unsafe, not very accurate and no thinking shooter should buy one. How you feel about the handgun roster and whether or not it should on it is another story.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It is unsafe, not very accurate and no thinking shooter should buy one. How you feel about the handgun roster and whether or not it should on it is another story.

I don't disagree. You can do a lot worse, though. I'm trying to talk my father out of buying a Cobra derringer for CCW. I have no idea why he's even interested since he already owns a 442, LCP, and G27, all of which are hugely better in every way.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    The Earl 1860-4 in .22 Mag is on the roster and has been for a very long time.

OP, there is close to zero chance of getting additional NAA revolvers on the roster since MSP will not approve a handgun that lacks a trigger guard. Yeah, we know it's single-action and the trigger is recessed until the hammer is cocked. But that kind of logical, "common sense" argument is sure to fail. Not that I haven't felt the temptation to submit one for review anyway. Believe me. I've seriously considered it for years but I know I will have to bring a good 2A lawyer with me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    The gun is a worthless piece of junk. It is unsafe, not very accurate and no thinking shooter should buy one. How you feel about the handgun roster and whether or not it should on it is another story.

Put the crack pipe down guy. They are very well made and renound for being such.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    This revolver is not on the roster but has been around for about 20 years. Anyone know what the deal is? Was it rejected at some point or is Maryland the only state where no one wants to sell these?

Take this FWIW but I was talking to a person on the roaster board and he said that the main reason was lack of a trigger guard. He said there were no handguns approved in Maryland that lacked a trigger guard. He considers the lack to be an unsafe design. I didn't check this though so I am interested in hearing feedback if someone knows of such a pistol that is approved.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Take this FWIW but I was talking to a person on the roaster board and he said that the main reason was lack of a trigger guard. He said there were no handguns approved in Maryland that lacked a trigger guard. He considers the lack to be an unsafe design. I didn't check this though so I am interested in hearing feedback if someone knows of such a pistol that is approved.

I wonder if they would accept the holster grips which cover the trigger when closed. That and the fact that it is a single action with a safety notch.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I was talking to a person on the roaster board and he said that the main reason was lack of a trigger guard. He said there were no handguns approved in Maryland that lacked a trigger guard.

False. As mentioned in my earlier post, the Earl 1860-4 in .22 Mag is on the roster. It has no trigger guard. See below. If you don't mind, please mention it to the person on the roster board and post his response here.

earl.png

from current MSP handgun roster...
    roster.png

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The NAA mini revolvers ( and the similar FA ones ) are not "junk" , insofar as they well made of high quality materials.

In my opinion , they are a very poor choice for serious use. But that's because of being slow , difficult to hit with , and inefficient ballistics , not for any lack of quality.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    False. As mentioned in my earlier post, the Earl 1860-4 in .22 Mag is on the roster. It has no trigger guard. See below. If you don't mind, please mention it to the person on the roster board and post his response here.

View attachment 156494

from current MSP handgun roster...
    View attachment 156493

Good find. Thanks, and sorry I missed that. I met him at one of the NRA courses I was taking so not sure when I might see him again...good to know nevertheless. So much for consistency if that reason did indeed have any bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom