• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Omalley may be in a lose-lose situation.

If he quits POTUS race to run for Senate, he looks like a loser.

If he stays in POTUS race and continues to poll at 0.00%, he looks like a loser.

I don't see the problem, he is a LOSER.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I love it when stupid people get their ridiculous dreams crushed like a bug on a windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    this made my day
    0%

Why?

This was a soft article that didn't actually say anything bad about O'Malley other than he was a "nice guy", and successful governor who wasn't going to get his due because a rock star is in his way.

I'll take that kind of bad news any day.

I wouldn't count zero as much (get it..."count zero"?). I am not saying he will be the surprise winner. Just saying the guy has a path if certain rock stars fall hard enough.

Again, someone show me who is prepared in Iowa & New Hampshire the way he is, other than Crazy Joe. Between the two of them, I'd put money on O'Malley taking the Dem nomination. Considering that a Clinton falter would mean the Dems lost their heir apparent - including nearly all preparation and messaging - they would be running scared. In that circumstance, O'Malley's the safer bet over Biden because he will have far less baggage and is more likely to score with the donors, even if Team Obama does not like him.

If Clinton drops, all bets are off and O'Malley is suddenly a strong contender.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Interesting post - it's clear that getting into the Oval office is a game of political chess, and most people think of it in terms of checkers.

The question is, could Owe'Malley really hope to win given his record of boosted taxes, debt and a myriad of other problems that came to pass under his watch as governor? This is aside from completely alienating the conservatives by championing what are considered to be some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

He's working for the nomination, first. Winning the contest after that is another issue.

I think he's do well in the general election. He has nothing progressives won't like, and he conveys their message well. He doesn't gaffe the way Biden or Clinton (or even Warren) does, and he know how to play the inside game from the outside. He is young, looks good (a proven draw for certain prog demographics), speaks green and can point to a much cleaner Chesapeake Bay, and his tax policies are about to look reasonable compared to the things the White House press sect'y suggests Obama is considering. Progs will love him. Gun control does not scare away prog voters.

Read up on the "Blue Wall". I think it's more myth than many will admit, but there is enough truth to it to show that any progressive starts with a significant numerical advantage to any conservative in a general election. He would need to galvanize the right groups to get voters to show up, and that's about it. And one thing I have seen first hand is that this guy knows how to win votes by making promises. He plays nice guy, but anybody who has worked with him closely (which does not include me) will tell you he plays hardball with the best of them.

Ask PG County and Baltimore City Dems if O'Malley should be counted out. They may not like him, but they know how he plays.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Why?

This was a soft article that didn't actually say anything bad about O'Malley other than he was a "nice guy", and successful governor who wasn't going to get his due because a rock star is in his way.

I'll take that kind of bad news any day.

I wouldn't count zero as much (get it..."count zero"?). I am not saying he will be the surprise winner. Just saying the guy has a path if certain rock stars fall hard enough.

Again, someone show me who is prepared in Iowa & New Hampshire the way he is, other than Crazy Joe. Between the two of them, I'd put money on O'Malley taking the Dem nomination. Considering that a Clinton falter would mean the Dems lost their heir apparent - including nearly all preparation and messaging - they would be running scared. In that circumstance, O'Malley's the safer bet over Biden because he will have far less baggage and is more likely to score with the donors, even if Team Obama does not like him.

honestly, with all the ammo we have on him, I HOPE he ends up being the contender- we can fry him

I'm not saying all the sucking on O'Malley;s pole was palatable in the article, but it was the first I heard of his 0% status, and that, as I said, made my day

Sour grapes? Sure! But **** that guy, seriously.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    honestly, with all the ammo we have on him, I HOPE he ends up being the contender- we can fry him

I'm not saying all the sucking on O'Malley;s pole was palatable in the article, but it was the first I heard of his 0% status, and that, as I said, made my day

Sour grapes? Sure! But **** that guy, seriously.
    Hah, I understand.

O'Malley has less in his closet (that the press has seen) than Clinton, Warren or Biden. We have a skewed view of the guy, but he is squeaky clean compared to the others.

And for the record, I called it: MSM is now providing fawning coverage of the guy, even though they say he has little shot. There are maybe 3-4 stories just in the last few hours from lib outfits like the New Yorker. Expect a lot more in the next weeks. I am sure The Atlantic is working up a long piece as I type this. HuffPo will echo what they author (because they have no real content of their own), and then MSNBC will start talking about him in more detail during their talk panels. By Sunday we'll see him discussed in the Sunday talk shows and by the end of the month he will be a guest.

Don't feel too bad, though. Clinton will be fuming the whole time.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Hah, I understand.

O'Malley has less in his closet (that the press has seen) than Clinton, Warren or Biden. We have a skewed view of the guy, but he is squeaky clean compared to the others.

And for the record, I called it: MSM is now providing fawning coverage of the guy, even though they say he has little shot. There are maybe 3-4 stories just in the last few hours from lib outfits like the New Yorker. Expect a lot more in the next weeks. I am sure The Atlantic is working up a long piece as I type this. HuffPo will echo what they author (because they have no real content of their own), and then MSNBC will start talking about him in more detail during their talk panels. By Sunday we'll see him discussed in the Sunday talk shows and by the end of the month he will be a guest.

Don't feel too bad, though. Clinton will be fuming the whole time.

This is a direct shot at clinton. But its also a way to rally their base and sell eyeballs to advertisers. It is also a shot at the sitting president.. in fact I think that's most of it..

To make. H Clinton less of a losser they need to build up strawman for her to tear down..

And to look objective they need to pretend to vet the candidates...

Email gate? The world is on the brink of war , most of it building on her watch and we get email gate?

F.k the press too.

And the only good thing about another D in the whitehouse.. is the less he will need to clean up..

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Maybe.

I am not a progressive but I suspect a lot of ground level progressives like the idea of having Clinton rammed down their gullets about the same as many conservatives feel about the GOP "Establishment" ramming their junk the same way. Hillary is the epitome of the Dem Establishment.

I'm not sure "they" (whoever 'they' are) are building MoM just to tear him down. I bet we're watching the smoke building for something. It may not end up O'Malley's and it might or might not get too hot for Clinton, but I think we might see some fire yet.

I, for one, am looking forward to the show. :popcorn:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

The dynamic really changed Monday night when the Times (of all news organs) went with the Clinton email story. The previous week it was the Washington Post pushing the probable ethical malfeasance of the Clinton Foundation continuing to raise money from foreign sources while HRC was Secretary of State.

O'Malley may not be the sharpest candidate, but he is affable to those who haven't tired of him and he is driven. I'm sure he's of two minds with Mikulski stepping down, but HRC's looking mighty vulnerable this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom