• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbrxx

Mar 20, 2014
    Where do I find this application? Also am waiting the annoying 30 days now. When I filled out my forms I checked I wasnt a collector. If I happen to get letter before my 30 day wait is up can I go pick up gun (on 8th day of course) or since I didn't check collector must wait?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Where do I find this application? Also am waiting the annoying 30 days now. When I filled out my forms I checked I wasnt a collector. If I happen to get letter before my 30 day wait is up can I go pick up gun (on 8th day of course) or since I didn't check collector must wait?

It is right there in the firearm section on mdsp.org site.

I was told by 3 different IP's that if I got my status aproved as a designated collector, that it over-rides the 30 day wait. It was 2 weeks between when I was approved, until I received the actual letter, but none of the IP's asked to physically "see" it anyway. Once i knew I was designated, I bought 3 different guns from 3 different IP's in one week. :party29:

On the www.mdsp.org site, click on Licensing Division, then Firearms, then Firearms collector link. it is free and it never expires.

cbrxx

Mar 20, 2014
    It is right there in the firearm section on mdsp.org site.

I was told by 3 different IP's that if I got my status aproved as a designated collector, that it over-rides the 30 day wait. It was 2 weeks between when I was approved, until I received the actual letter, but none of the IP's asked to physically "see" it anyway. Once i knew I was designated, I bought 3 different guns from 3 different IP's in one week. :party29:

On the www.mdsp.org site, click on Licensing Division, then Firearms, then Firearms collector link. it is free and it never expires.

Thanks

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    "Something to remember O'Malley."

Seriously, "Personal Collection", "All legal purposes" or something of that nature....

I basically said for all the examples they gave in the application...

To enhance my personal collection, to get possible discounts on multiple gun purchases, and to be able to purchase multiple firearms at estate sales and/or auctions....

Worked for me and covered all the bases.:thumbsup:

cbrxx

Mar 20, 2014
    Application is in the mail. For those of you that knew were approved before letter in hand. Did the contact you to tell you or did you contact them?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    You DEFINITELY will not hear from them...:sad20:
    After nearly 4 weeks, and finally finding the proper person to contact, I sent a nice email, politely asking if there was any way to get an update on my application status. About 3 days later, got a return email saying I was "designated" a week prior...another week later, got the actual letter, attached below with the trooper's email address.

Once she confirmed, via email, that I was already designated, I made a few purchases to enhance my collection. No one has asked to "see" the letter, as they shouldn't ask anyway. They do have to ask IF you are a designated collector, and if you are not, and state that you are....well, the MSP will not be happy with you, from what I gather...

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom