• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    For folks that included their SSN with their application: does it show your SSN in the Demographic info section? I'm asking because it doesn't show up on my screen, and I don't know if it was included because the staff where I did my HQL class filled out the application for me (which I did not like, but they didn't tell me they were doing it). I assume not including your SSN will cause delays.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    For folks that included their SSN with their application: does it show your SSN in the Demographic info section? I'm asking because it doesn't show up on my screen, and I don't know if it was included because the staff where I did my HQL class filled out the application for me (which I did not like, but they didn't tell me they were doing it). I assume not including your SSN will cause delays.

yes the SS# shows in the demographic.

czechfiend

Oct 16, 2014
    Monkton
    So the card came in the mail today, I applied on the 7th so two and a half weeks, not bad. I also happened to go pay for my new CZ 75 SP-01 :D can't wait for next Saturday.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Got my card in the mail today, one month to the day of submitting my application.

It really chaps my ass that the state has enacted these restrictions. 30 days from time that I submitted before I'm allowed to buy a handgun, the most commonly used self-defense weapon in the USA.

But, at least I've got it. Now I just need to couple this with a MD State Designated Collector application.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Well fuuuuuuuuu
    I cut my left index finger deep after my hand slipped of the top of the slide on my Jericho pistol. I just installed a new standard recoil spring and I guess I wasn't used to the weight just yet. I bashed my finger into the rear sight good. A chunk of skin was caught between the posts -- yuck!

My fingers had scar tissue last time I got printed, but no actual open wounds, lol. Guess I need to put off fingerprints for a while :tantrum:

jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Went to Pinkerton in Hunt Valley at lunch for Live Scan. $59.00 and in and out in about 10 minutes.
    Guy's name who fingerprinted me; Michael Bolton, laughed my ass off all day. Took his time and redid it until it was perfect.

Fingerprinted and submitted - 10/28
    Went active online - ??/??
    Received - ??/??

Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    METERS still showing incomplete. I emailed them and got the standard "we have 30 days...." response. I applied 10/21 and everything was approved but that on 10/21 or 10/22.
    It would appear that they are taking full advantage of their 30 day processing timeframe. I got my card in the mail exactly 30 days after I submitted - they took their time the whole way.

jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Went to Pinkerton in Hunt Valley at lunch for Live Scan. $59.00 and in and out in about 10 minutes.
    Guy's name who fingerprinted me; Michael Bolton, laughed my ass off all day. Took his time and redid it until it was perfect.

Fingerprinted and submitted - 10/28
    Went active online - ??/??
    Received - ??/??

Wow, when I checked this morning, 10/29, everything was complete except for Live scan, that was incomplete. That seems crazy fast, but still have to wait for the Live scan

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Out of curiosity, what company completed and submitted your online MD HQL application?

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Completed Live Scan and Submitted today.... hoping for a quick turnaround.

I applied as Training Exempt and recorded the serial number from a pre 10/1/13 pistol

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Let's see

So, I applied on

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/23/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/23/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/23/14
    NICS Incomplete
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Oct/23/14
    METERS Completed Oct/23/14
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/23/14
    DHMH Completed Oct/24/14

Now, I sit here and wait. I just wanna go target shooting with my own gun and can wait, but it's hard! I don't see how the beginning went quickly and now it's taking so long on the last 3 sections. I understand the need for verification, but kinda feel deprived of my right. I don't see how this turnover is reasonable, considering it is our constitutional right to bear arms.. Can't wait!

Oct 29, 2014
    Item Status Complete Date
    Application\License Fee Completed Oct/28/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/28/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/28/14
    NICS Completed Oct/28/14
    CJIS Completed Oct/28/14
    MAFSS Completed Oct/28/14
    METERS Completed Oct/28/14
    JIS Completed Oct/28/14
    DJS Completed Oct/28/14
    DHMH Unchecked

This is where I stand :(. Does anyone know why this DHMH is not being checked or completed with the others?

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    Item Status Complete Date
    Application\License Fee Completed Oct/28/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/28/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/28/14
    NICS Completed Oct/28/14
    CJIS Completed Oct/28/14
    MAFSS Completed Oct/28/14
    METERS Completed Oct/28/14
    JIS Completed Oct/28/14
    DJS Completed Oct/28/14
    DHMH Unchecked

This is where I stand :(. Does anyone know why this DHMH is not being checked or completed with the others?

I am in the same situation brother...

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/29/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/30/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/30/14
    Training Completed Oct/30/14
    NICS Completed Oct/30/14
    METERS Completed Oct/30/14
    CJIS Completed Oct/30/14
    MAFSS Completed Oct/30/14
    JIS Completed Oct/30/14
    DJS Completed Oct/30/14
    DHMH Unchecked

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Talked to a very helpful woman at MSP this morning. She confirmed that my HQL is being held up because I have a common name and there were hits in CJIS and JIS. I know they're not me, but they have to have a sworn officer investigate and find out for sure. :facepalm:

Oct 29, 2014
    I am in the same situation brother...

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/29/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/30/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/30/14
    Training Completed Oct/30/14
    NICS Completed Oct/30/14
    METERS Completed Oct/30/14
    CJIS Completed Oct/30/14
    MAFSS Completed Oct/30/14
    JIS Completed Oct/30/14
    DJS Completed Oct/30/14
    DHMH Unchecked
    Hopefully we both get it here in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom