• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    This by no means is formal or politically correct in any sense of the word. Im just writing down how Im feeling right now, so take it as it comes.

"To whom may be oppressive,

My name is Jon. And Im pissed off.

Ive been a Maryland resident since I was 5 years old. Im creeping on 32, and the older I get, and the more I learn, the more this state's "leaders" anger me.

On the flipside, Im glad MD has seen a change of heart after the last election. People are fed up. They're tired. Tired of fighting against a tyrannical state government. Tired of fighting overwhelmingly obscene taxes. Tired of fighting for their right to defend themselves in the manner in which they choose, which MOST EFFECTIVELY, would be to carry a firearm.

I joined the Marine Corps when I was 19 as an Infantryman. I deployed and had my 20th birthday in Kuwait, just a mere 21 days before we pushed over the border to Iraq. In the years after, I did a tour in Africa, and another combat tour in Iraq again. At my young age, I was entrusted with enough firepower to level a small city. From man portable anti-tank missile systems and grenade launching machine guns, down to a small arms rifle and bayonet, and everything in between.

After my tours of duty, I come back to a state that cant trust me to carry a small pistol for my own personal protection. In an area riddled with crime, no less.

Reading the police blotter, its clear to see all the home invasions, armed robberies, assaults, and everything else that goes on. Just a few months ago I was woken up at 5 in the morning by gunshots at the end of the row near my townhome.

So why is it that my only protection is a cell phone and 3 numbers to dial? Why am I not trusted to protect myself, with the extensive training ive received, in my own home state??

It was only about a year ago my girlfriend and I were victims of a home invasion. Luckily for us, no one was home. But it could have turned out horrible. My girlfriend is 5'2" and 110 pounds....suppose the "gentleman" that broke in was 6'3", 260 pounds. What would you expect her to do to defend herself if the same type of incident occurred on our street? At home she'd have an option, but not outside our front door.

Answer me this: Why is it that the citizens of all our bordering states are entrusted to make the right decision if they become a victim of a violent crime? Why are our citizens treated like idiots?? Are we not smart enough to defend ourselves???

Its a bit hypocritical to tell us what is and isnt safe when it comes to firearms, when you're ignorant to facts and general knowledge about them.

Please pull your head out of your ass, and your ass out of your ego. Let us be able to fight back instead of just being a victim.

Sincerely,

-A responsible citizen of Maryland

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Great Rant.

And congratulations.

You just made THE list.

Send that to the Washington Post.

PS: Thank you for your service, Sir.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks for your service.

You don't know a Schindler who was crossing that Kuwait line of departure when you were....?

You got it off your chest. Great. Feel better? What's next with it? Did you consider the notion that among your grievances with MD you should be most offended by the many political supporters and socialiy well off who do have CCW for MD because of who they are or who they know???? That may be the most egregious of everything.

Not only can you not protect yourself....they are deemed impotent and capable to protect themselves. Are they better? ...smarter? ...more trained?? Actually more threatened or more vulnerable??? I doubt any of those is true but from a strategic perspective, all y'all ought to be finding out who they re, why they got a permit and how thy kep a permit... Beyond that y'all ought to be outing them in a mjor way. They're hypocrites. They're sanctimonious and arrogant bastards.

Sorry you can't legally protect you and yours. Glad you got it off your chest a little bit...but you're preaching to the choir here big fella. we get it

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Thanks for your service.

You don't know a Schindler who was crossing that Kuwait line of departure when you were....?

You got it off your chest. Great. Feel better? What's next with it? Did you consider the notion that among your grievances with MD you should be most offended by the many political supporters and socialiy well off who do have CCW for MD because of who they are or who they know???? That may be the most egregious of everything.

Not only can you not protect yourself....they are deemed impotent and capable to protect themselves. Are they better? ...smarter? ...more trained?? Actually more threatened or more vulnerable??? I doubt any of those is true but from a strategic perspective, all y'all ought to be finding out who they re, why they got a permit and how thy kep a permit... Beyond that y'all ought to be outing them in a mjor way. They're hypocrites. They're sanctimonious and arrogant bastards.

Sorry you can't legally protect you and yours. Glad you got it off your chest a little bit...but you're preaching to the choir here big fella. we get it

Yes it was more so me venting about something I was thinking about earlier today since I couldnt make it to the 2A rally. This wasnt meant to reach anyone here in particular, but moreso to let out some frustration that bothers the hell out of me. I do what I can, but with a limited disposable income, its hard to do much outside of bitching about it.

I agree with you...why do these "VIPs" get special treatment? Do they train? Do they even know the functions of the firearms they're graciously allowed to carry? The hypocrisy infuriates me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah, sucks to be a law abiding, tax paying citizen...and in your case veteran.

FWIW, moving made on helluva difference for us. Today, I was in the MVA/DMV for 5 minutes...registered a used car with a California title...cheap, fast and good. Did I mention they were polite and grateful. The CCW allows me to buy as many handguns in one visit as I can afford and carry out... I'm having one transferred in...$10 transfer fee...period.

Moving has reduced my stress and angst almost absolutely. Consider your options. Semper Fi. Semper Paratus.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Yeah, sucks to be a law abiding, tax paying citizen...and in your case veteran.

FWIW, moving made on helluva difference for us. Today, I was in the MVA/DMV for 5 minutes...registered a used car with a California title...cheap, fast and good. Did I mention they were polite and grateful. The CCW allows me to buy as many handguns in one visit as I can afford and carry out... I'm having one transferred in...$10 transfer fee...period.

Moving has reduced my stress and angst almost absolutely. Consider your options. Semper Fi. Semper Paratus.

If it was that easy for me, I'd be out of this ******** in a heartbeat. Glad you found your paradise, or should I say, freedom? ;)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Based on recent studies undertaken by the Left, we do have the option of carrying a fully loaded and concealed bladder.

There findings concluded that urinating on an assailant will stop the attack.

Another opportunity to use: "Pardon me while I whip this out".

Vomiting works well too they say, but it's hard to puke on demand.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Based on recent studies undertaken by the Left, we do have the option of carrying a fully loaded and concealed bladder.

There findings concluded that urinating on an assailant will stop the attack.

Another opportunity to use: "Pardon me while I whip this out".

Vomiting works well too they say, but it's hard to puke on demand.

Maybe I had it all wrong! I'll be sure to bring a gallon of Deer Park everywhere I go so Im prepared for such an incident.

TAKE THAT! PEE JUSTICE!!!!!! :lol2:

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Thank you for your service also. I agree with you on every point. It was terrible that someone busted into your home and thank God your wife wasn't home alone. Hopefully we will get our rights back. You are young and might see it happen. I will probably move before it happens but will do what I can to help as long as I am here.:thumbsup:

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I feel your frustration. having had my carry permit in this god awful state. I was only granted the permit as in MD your money is worth more than your life here. they figure if that money doesn't make it to the bank they can't tax you on it.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    I feel your frustration. having had my carry permit in this god awful state. I was only granted the permit as in MD your money is worth more than your life here. they figure if that money doesn't make it to the bank they can't tax you on it.

Exactly. Its sad thats the way it is in this state. Aboslutely disgusting.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The sad part, this is the norm and not the exception in Maryland.

Good Read,
    Jim Smith

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Semper Fi brother, was right there rolling across with you, and I share many of your sentiments.

Its even worse for myself, not being a MD native coming to this state and seeing how the citizens are treated by the state and local gov. of MD...

The wife and all her family lives/from here, stuck for at least a little while yet still....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom