• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    Hey y'all I was just wondering how Continental Arms stacks up to the rest of the ranges and arms dealers in our "wonderful state" I don't see anything about them posted so I just wanted some input.. thanks

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    LOTS of threads about them here. Alot of negativity and some positive stuff. They are dicks until they know you, plain and simple. Then they are mildly pleasant assholes. I dont have problems anymore since they remember me. Their facility is decent inside, people are just dying to shoot there lately. Their gun prices....OUTRAGEOUS. Other than that, for a quick half hour I'd stop in.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It always seems like I'm a "bother" when I walk in. Their prices on new guns are very high. They charge a ton of money for transfers.

As for the range I think Freestate is a better place.

They also take zero interest in this community, which is the largest gathering of gun owners in the state, so what does that tell you.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    They don't give a warm and fuzzy feeling to customers that's for sure. That said, I have shot there at least once and it was OK. The thing I didn't like was the ventilation system seemed to draw in air from a smoking area so it smelled like s***

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    In the height of the frenzy almost made a mistake of buying a Sig from them. I actually for once thought about what I was going to do and walked away. Went home and searched the particular and their price was OUTRAGEOUS. The gentleman helping me was very good but priced $200 over msrp if I remember correctly. Went to their range to meet a buddy recently. Was not very impressed, lighting was poor and looks like it needs to be redone. I was pleasantly surprised by their ammo prices though. Buddy picked up 3 boxes of 9 and was priced very fairly.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    When I got back into shooting as an adult, I purchased my first 3 firearms from them and used their range often. It was the first range I had ever used (shot on the family farm as a kid). They treated me like shit and I saw them treat almost all customers like shit. I just thought this was par for the course as I had never been to another gun shop nor range in my adult years. On my first gun purchase they lied to me regarding how many mags came with the Sig P220 they were selling me. When I picked the Sig up, they only gave me 1 mag and I told them the sales guy told me it came with two mags. It took literally 2 hours of debating with the pencil dick owner until we finally compromised on a half off 2nd mag. Apparently Sig had just started shipping 1 mag with their firearms as opposed to two and the sales guy didn't know. Either way, I continued to use their range and ended up purchasing two more firearms from them over the years.

Over the years I saw many things at their range which concerned me:
    1. numerous negligent discharges
    2. guys dressed like gang bangers shooting at the range
    3. people getting muzzle sweep

I put up with all this crap because I didn't realize there were other gun shops and ranges close by; Continental Arms was very close to home.

As I got more involved in shooting I discovered other gun stores and MDS. I quickly realized not all gun stores treat their customers like shit. I haven't been to Continental Arms in a few years and I have no plans on going back.

Honestly, I hate shooting indoors and I'd almost rather not shoot if it has to be indoors.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    Thats where my lower is and cant wait to get it from there. Seems like your a bother to them and they have a attitude all the time even when paying for my stuff.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    The range staff did appear like you were wasting their time by showing up to shoot. Will be last time there for another couple of years.

capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Bought my first pistol there and the price actually wasn't too bad but they definitely are not a warm and fuzzy bunch. They handled a shotgun transfer off of Gunbroker for me afterwards and the lady that handles transfers was cool but still not a very welcoming staff. As far as the range it's decent and once the range staff gets to know you it's not bad for an indoor range. They do have one particular RSO that's a total dick though. Always seems to be looking for a reason to tell you you're stupid and you're doing it wrong. They recently installed shelves on the wall behind the range which I thought was very convenient for loading mags and stuff but the RSO gave me a raft of shit because my buddy and I were sharing the lane and he had his 45 uncased on the lane and my pistol was "technically" uncased on the shelf behind him while I was loading mags. The range itself isn't that bad but the staff can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes. Just my 2$¢.

Last edited:

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I've had mixed experiences there. I have caught attitude/arrogance from a few people who work there, but the same folks have been ok on other occasions. I can be a cranky bastard some days too, so I guess I don't have much room to complain. I actually called there this morning to check the status of a purchase I made on April 6, the fellow who answered the phone was actually quite friendly and helpful.

Gun prices, like some have mentioned are a little high. The Beretta M9A1 I bought was priced about $50 higher than what other places around here charge. But they had one in the case so I decided to suck it up and go for the bird in hand.

The range is decent but it could use updating. I shoot there once in a while

Not a warm and fuzzy attitude, with a couple of exceptions. Like some said above, it changes somewhat when they get to know you. One way they get to know you is by your guns. If you come with something they respect/covet, they treat you better once they associate you with the guns. I think they remember me as the guy with the Luger/Hi Powers/old S&Ws, so they're kind of interested to see what I've got with me this time.

It isn't the place I'd go to buy a new handgun, but occasionally they've got used stuff at a good price. I could kick myself for not buying a Smith M-66 4" they had last year, and also a M-18. Long arms prices seem to be back down to reasonable levels, also.

Stevel Knievel

Feb 6, 2013
    The Universe
    "Over the years I saw many things at their range which concerned me:
    1. numerous negligent discharges
    2. guys dressed like gang bangers shooting at the range
    3. people getting muzzle sweep"

Who cares about #2. Jeez. Is redneck attire more acceptable? How about white hoods?

My 2 cents - The staff can be a little jerky until they get to know you. The first time I was there I saw a man walk in the door with an uncased rifle in each hand trying to get them appraised. They asked him to leave and come back with them in cases. I can only imagine how many yahoos walk into that gun shop (which may explain their attitudes). Jay, who works the range, has been very helpful with shooting tips. The lady that works the counter in gun rentals is a real sweety. I have purchased a few guns from Continental Arms. They give away free range time with a purchase if that matters. If I ever buy another gun in this state (I probably won't) I will not buy it from them because they are not joining the 7 day release party.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Continental is only a mile from my house, so I go there about once a week. When they get to know you some are very pleasent. I know when my favorite two guys are working.
    Lately it seems they have been trying to greet people when they walk in the door.

I like to visit my m9a1 that's being held hostage there.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Not a warm and fuzzy attitude, with a couple of exceptions. Like some said above, it changes somewhat when they get to know you. One way they get to know you is by your guns. If you come with something they respect/covet, they treat you better once they associate you with the guns. I think they remember me as the guy with the Luger/Hi Powers/old S&Ws, so they're kind of interested to see what I've got with me this time.

It isn't the place I'd go to buy a new handgun, but occasionally they've got used stuff at a good price. I could kick myself for not buying a Smith M-66 4" they had last year, and also a M-18. Long arms prices seem to be back down to reasonable levels, also.

Saw a beat up mosin 91/30 there a while back (pre-panic) for $230. Out of this world.

My wife bought her first handgun there (s&w mod. 10) in FAIR shape for like $400. Huge rip-off (I wasn't there).

BUT, I bought a new 9mm Stoeger there for a competitive price around $430 OTD.

Their range is terrible and filled with a lot of inexperienced people. Last time I was there I took a ricochet 45 slug to the leg. No penetration, but it hurt like hell and stuck to my jeans. Last time I've been back.

I agree with other posters about attitude. It depends on the day, how often you go, and how much you spend there. A lot of gun ships are like this though, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom