• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I ordered my application waaaay back in June (online) and never received a thing. Too lazy to call or write, so I just ordered it again today. We'll see if I get anything this time.

Holy Obama! Request for application submitted online 10/8, applications received on 10/10!!!! 2 DAYS!

(I hope I get my C&R as fast!) :party29:

-Rob

orangecrush

Aug 9, 2009
    cecil co.
    I did the same thing. Requested the forms online on a Sunday and had them in my mail on Wednsday. Have not sent them in yet but will post when I do and when I receive my response.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I did the same thing. Requested the forms online on a Sunday and had them in my mail on Wednsday. Have not sent them in yet but will post when I do and when I receive my response.

I made web request on 10/16/09 and today got the form today 10/20/09, seems pretty fast!

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Just received my C&R in the mail today! It took 5 weeks and 3 days mailed to the Atlanta, Ga, address.

Hmmm what to get?? So many choices!:rolleyes:

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    FYI -

Received the data pack from the ATF Saturday the 24th. Has the 2005 reg book (big), the 2007 C&R list, a fair amount of other memos and a disc with the sate laws.

Had heard that they were no longer sending that stuff out, but it looks like they are.

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    I noticed my C&R license stated the following:

"If this is your first license, publications and an initial supply of forms which relate to the conduct of buisness as a federal licensee will be mailed from the ATF Distribution Center. Please allow ten days for delivery of your packet."

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    You actually took the time to read it? Wow....Never thought to do that!

I just copied, signed and sent!!

kstew

Dec 13, 2008
    Received license on 24OCT09. Hurray!! No info packet yet

Updated time line on original post on first page in this thread.

On a side note. below the license is a quick letter to the license holder. The letterhead reads

"Department of the Treasury
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
    Martinsburg, West Virginia"

Maybe that is still the correct address?

Last edited:

mbenz85

MDS Supporter
    Apr 22, 2009
    Harford County
    I already posted my info towards the beginning of the thread. I never received my information packet 10 days later like promised in the C and R license. I orig received my C and R OCT 11 2009. It's been over a month. I called the number on the license Monday Oct 19 requesting my information packet. Came out two days later. I now have a stack of joy to read through.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I already posted my info towards the beginning of the thread. I never received my information packet 10 days later like promised in the C and R license. I orig received my C and R OCT 11 2009. It's been over a month. I called the number on the license Monday Oct 19 requesting my information packet. Came out two days later. I now have a stack of joy to read through.

Just don't drop it on your foot! There's a lot o-stuff in that stack.:lol2:

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    Hey everyone - sorry I hadn't been keeping the timetable (in post #4) up to date.
    I've been working long hours out of town and just didn't make the time...

I've just updated it - I think I captured everyones updated/new info. Here

kstew - Congratulations! I know you've had a long wait.
    I'm hoping mine will come soon, since we seemed to be running parallel...
    I keep asking my wife if it's arrived, but I think she's annoyed with me for being so interested in it - rather than asking her more about her day... :-)

So, my report of it's arrival might be a bit delayed if it comes while I'm still out of town.

Congrats to everyone who's gotten quick turnaround on various parts of the process.

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    Received license on 24OCT09. Hurray!! No info packet yet

Updated time line on original post on first page in this thread.

On a side note. below the license is a quick letter to the license holder. The letterhead reads

"Department of the Treasury
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
    Martinsburg, West Virginia"

Maybe that is still the correct address?

Well - it's the correct address for the Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) - But I think (based upon the slow turnaround on my CC charge) that they must still be setup for processing the payment in GA.

It's pure speculation - but based on comparing the times for the applications sent to WV rather than GA (mine & t0tln00b's) it might be accurate at the moment.

Unfortunately, looking at the data we've collected so far, it's really difficult to predict what the factors are that affect the speed at which the steps get turned around.

My best guess so far is that it's done it batches - although it must not be FIFO since there are some folks that have gotten their C&R inside the time frame of others that sent theirs earlier...

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    My best guess so far is that it's done it batches - although it must not be FIFO since there are some folks that have gotten their C&R inside the time frame of others that sent theirs earlier...

Probably LIFO Last in - First Out. Normally, I'm the one that get's to the top of the stack just as a new pile is dropped on top of it!

Hopefully, you will get yours shortly. There are still a couple of deals waiting for you out there. You can get ready and have all the envelopes pre-addressed and stamped. Make up a e-mail list of the companies that accept a scanned signed copy and a form letter telling them you want to be added to the FFL03 list. (AIM, SOG, Midway, Numrich e-gunparts.com are ones that accept scans). J&G and Century Arms need hard copy.

I really like the Romanian TOK from SOG and will probably be getting at least one more. Maybe two. Probably Polish. And a couple more spam cans, maybe 4. OK, maybe you should worry about the deals going away!

It is a good "American" feeling to get a box from the UPS guy with a gun in it. Whee ! Feels like --- Freedom!

jb

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    Probably LIFO Last in - First Out. Normally, I'm the one that get's to the top of the stack just as a new pile is dropped on top of it!
    You are probably exactly right - they just get dropped on the top of the inbox of an overworked, underpaid examiner.
    Although, to some of us it feels a bit like WWFFLSIO

wait for it...

Whenever We F'ing Feel Like Sending It Out

Hopefully, you will get yours shortly. There are still a couple of deals waiting for you out there. You can get ready and have all the envelopes pre-addressed and stamped. Make up a e-mail list of the companies that accept a scanned signed copy and a form letter telling them you want to be added to the FFL03 list. (AIM, SOG, Midway, Numrich e-gunparts.com are ones that accept scans). J&G and Century Arms need hard copy.
    That's a great idea!
    Thanks for the info on who takes scans - I'd started working on a list at one point & I've misplaced it, so yours is very helpful.
    I really like the Romanian TOK from SOG and will probably be getting at least one more. Maybe two. Probably Polish. And a couple more spam cans, maybe 4. OK, maybe you should worry about the deals going away!
    The Tok is high on my list - but my budget is limited - so I'm only starting with one pistol. It's (hopefully) going to be a CZ82 for the reasons listed in my discussion with folks here particularly because the insight from novus in post #4.
    It is a good "American" feeling to get a box from the UPS guy with a gun in it. Whee ! Feels like --- Freedom!

jb
    +1 :patriot: I can't wait to have that Freedom!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I finally got my information packet yesterday, after getting my C&R on September 4.

Now where is my MSP Collector's Letter? I sent that application in back in August.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    The Tok is high on my list - but my budget is limited - so I'm only starting with one pistol. It's (hopefully) going to be a CZ82 for the reasons listed in my discussion with folks here particularly because the insight from novus in post #4.

Yeah, the 9x18 cost is a lot higher than the 7.2x25 cost and that drove me to the Tok.

The CZ-82 is a neat pistol too, but feeding costs a lot more.

The cost of the gun is like $200 (for either). The cost of 9x18 bullets is about $0.20 each ($200 for 1000 rounds) for the cheap stuff and $0.10 each ($130 for 1224 rounds) for the Tok cheap stuff.

Heck -- you're gonna get both sooner or later, right?

jb

VAshooter

Oct 28, 2009
    New forum member here, had to sign up after finding this forum and topic. What a great resource, and one of the few active C&R discussion forums I've found. I just wanted to say my credit card was charged on 10/02 and I'm anxiously awaiting the license. I check all of the C&R dealers almost everyday and I feel like I'm going to miss these deals! Went to the Richmond gun show at the showplace two weeks ago and could not stop myself from buying a CZ 82, which was gonna be my first C&R purchase. I overpaid ( $225 ) but I had to have it. Only came with one extra magazine, no holster. It is stamped "she 90" so I got a relativley new one, being made in 1990. Thanks again for all the info guys!

t0tln00b

Jul 3, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    So my CC still hasn't been charged - so called the ATF (number found here http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=24630 thanks tons to whoever posted that!!)
    Spoke to Mary, who was very helpful. She couldn't find my application so she asked what state I lived; Mr. Powell apparently processes all MD licenses. Then she asked where I sent it. When I told her the WV address, she transferred me to Mr. Powell himself! He was great - found my app. But then he told me that the CC would be processed at the GA address; so even if you send to WV, it has to be sent to GA to be processed. So sending to WV is definitely :tdown: - but now we know why! Sending Attn: Mr. Powell probably wouldn't help as the first step is having GA process the CC charge, then send it to Mr. Powell for processing.
    I have to say, dealing with the ATF was actually a non-painful experience, which is way different than most other gov't agencies!

kstew

Dec 13, 2008
    But then he told me that the CC would be processed at the GA address; so even if you send to WV, it has to be sent to GA to be processed.

Thank you for solving one of our mysteries. Shadow, maybe update this in your origional post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom