• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    District 42 is a complex situation, for sure, and there are a lot of things that can and may happen. There is a very good chance this district could see a switch from D to R.

Tim is the one stepping up to run for the spot. I see it as his call as to who he would rather face in the general election.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    okay, I went ahead and pulled out the D42 DINO strategy recommendation (to vote for DeJuliis in the primary). Thanks for the update

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    updates posted:
    • move more votes from TODO into districts
    • downsize by consolidating yea and nay votes into 1 list item each. This will be done as I add in more votes on various bills
    • found "Rain Tax" bill (2012), and added links in footnote
    • add in Marijuana Decriminalization and Rain Tax votes on House todo list
    • add in Rain Tax votes on Senate todo list

Last edited:

Robin Grammer

State Delegate District 6
    Jul 3, 2013
    Essex, MD
    Friends,

My campaign is raffling off a Windham HBAR in support of our campaign in legislative district 6. Thanks to those that have already donated! We have received support from many counties in Maryland and even gun rights supporters as far as the state of Washington!

Today marks the 239th anniversary of the Battles of Lexington & Concord. If you could join me in celebrating the "shot heard around the world' by purchasing a few tickets for our raffle, I would be forever grateful!

http://www.grammer2014.com/?p=751

-Robin

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    OK...certainly want to see my delegate re-elected, but, I am also tempted to become a dino here in Queen Anne's to vote against frosh. Need a little suggestion...

and b, for picking brains we need to remind folks contrbutions are great (since we can't spend on new guns) but I know there are limitations on total cash donated and limits on per candidate, however, I don't know what these limits are and if you could enlighten us it would help.

There's no point to being a DINO in QA- call me anytime and I'll walk ya through that one: 410-490-2734

There is no limit to the NUMBER OF CANDIDATES you may give to but you max out at $4,000 for each one.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Jason Gallion

Jason Gallion
    Candidate For Maryland House of Delegates District 35B

1. What is your general stance regarding the 2nd Amendment ? I am a proponent of the 2nd amendment and believe our founding fathers understood the importance of our rights to bear arms.

2. What do you think about the current gun laws in Maryland as they stand today ? I think they are getting to restrictive and hurting law-abiding citizens' ability to purchase firearms to hunt and protect their families with.

3. What is your opinion and stance on the passage of SB281 last year ? I was opposed to SB281 and think licensing requirements for purchase of handguns is wrong and the bill as a whole should be repealed.

4. What is your attitude towards an ordinary citizens right to carry a concealed firearm outside of the home for lawful self defense purposes ? They should be able to carry a concealed firearm outside the home for self defense.

5. Do you believe that banning guns will lower violence in our communities ? No it will not. Studies show that the places with the highest crime rates also have the strictest gun laws. Criminals would be deterred knowing their would be victim may be armed and ready to protect themselves.

6. What is your opinion of the current Maryland State Police policy that a "good and substantial" reason must be proven to obtain a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit (taking note that they do not deem self defense as a good and substantial reason) ? I think that self defense should definitely be included as a "good and substantial" reason.

gatopolis11

Dec 20, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Here is the response that I received from John Castle (R). He's running against Mac Middleton in D28.

First let me say thank you for your message I'm more then happy to answer your questions.

As being a disabled combat veteran myself I fully support our constitution and bill of rights. I support the second amendment limiting it helps nothing. Maryland needs to become a shall issue state not a may issue state regardless of the reason there shouldn't need to be a reason to be given. The state police require proof of death threats or assaults on the person applying on the grounds of self defense. That in my mind is being reactive instead of being proactive. I do believe that training needs to be attended and just like law enforcement that whomever pulls a trigger is responsible for that round until it reaches a complete stop. Limiting the type of firearm or size of magazine will not make the streets more safe.

Josh Castle

"When the only thing you own is your sense of honor, you tend to protect it at all costs." -unknown

gatopolis11

Dec 20, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Here is my update on the delegate situation in D28.

John Coller (D) avoided my question completely about protecting myself outside the home
    Sally Jameson (D) she is not our friend. No new news here
    Candice Kelly (D) she did not repsond to any of my emails but I know here stance does not favor us from when she was a County Commisioner
    Edith Patterson (D) no response yet
    CT Wilson (D) as we already know he is on our side
    Jime Crawford (R) no response yet

gatopolis11

Dec 20, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I forgot to include the response from John Coller. He avoided my outside the home questions.

I get this question quite a lot and am happy to answer it for you.

I support the second Amendment along with the rest of the Constitution. I even took an oath to do that when I enlisted in the Navy. SB 281 was passed with a lot of emotion. Some of the support for the bill was generated because of all of the high profile shootings in the news. Some of the provisions in the bill have popular appeal and some were only supported by very activist anti-gun advocates. I doubt that the legislation will have the desired effect on gun crime that the supporters of the bill intended. I will be working to support home owners, families and small businesses. Repeal of SB 281 would be very unlikely and has not been the focus for my campaign. However, I respect and support the rights of people to hunt, sport shoot and defend themselves and their families with firearms. Feel free to call me if you need any other information to help you decide whom to support.

Thank you,

John Coller

Candidate for Delegate

301-932-9507

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    There's no point to being a DINO in QA- call me anytime and I'll walk ya through that one: 410-490-2734

There is no limit to the NUMBER OF CANDIDATES you may give to but you max out at $4,000 for each one.

Yeah, I think I walked myself through that one, but I would like to mess with the demoncrats during the primary.

Thanks for the limits level, thought it was about that, but I don't think that limit is in danger from this end.

Thanks Andi:)

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Borrowed from post 78 (thanks!), modified a bit, I'm going to send these questions out to the D17 candidates as soon as I have a chance. Covers a bit more than 2A issues, and mixes them up a bit to make sure someone's reading the email. Feel free to borrow, edit, etc.!

{candidate name here};

My name is {name here}. I am a lifelong resident of Montgomery County and am a registered Democrat, voting in district 17. I am interested in your campaign for the State [Senate/House of Delegates] and have a few questions that are important to me, my family, and many of my friends.

What is your general stance regarding the 2nd Amendment?

What do you think about the current gun laws in Maryland as they stand today?

What is your opinion and stance on the passage of SB281 last year?

What is your stance regarding the adoption of the Common Core curriculum with its associated teaching methods and evaluation testing as a mandated standard for Maryland schools?

What is your attitude towards an ordinary citizen’s right to carry a concealed firearm outside of the home for lawful self defense purposes?

What is your position on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Maryland?

What level of central supervision or control do you support for health care in general?

Would you support a single-payer system for national or state health care in Maryland?

What is your opinion of the current Maryland State Police policy that a "good and substantial" reason must be proven to obtain a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit (taking note that they do not deem self defense as a good and substantial reason)?

What do you think about the implementation of the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange, the costs associated with it and the options for replacing it?

Thank you for your time.

Just sent these to all candidates for District 30B. Will update with responses.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Guys, I would suggest you reference SB281 as the "Maryland Firearms Safety Act of 2013". SB281 is something of a transitory designation.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Guys, I would suggest you reference SB281 as the "Maryland Firearms Safety Act of 2013". SB281 is something of a transitory designation.

I have been thinking of changing that. I hadn't because I thought most knew the FSA as SB281. I will probably change it this weekend

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Definitely change it. Bill numbers are not forever. Hopefully laws can follow suit ;)

We really should be using 'current-state' nomenclature, with accurate descriptions.

Exactly! We all get a good laugh when they call a magazine a clip. Do you really think they aren't chuckling at the "redneck gun nuts" going on about SB281?

I know calling it the "Firearms Safety Act of 2013" sticks in my craw, so I try to call it FSA2013 and know in my heart that I am referring to the Freedom Suppression Act (thanks, SNI)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom