SB0281 - Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (aka, AWB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    Words cant express the shock and absolute rage I feel atm... Sent another round of emails and will make more calls tomorrow... F$CK!!!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Words cant express the shock and absolute rage I feel atm... Sent another round of emails and will make more calls tomorrow... F$CK!!!

How can you be shocked? This has been going on forever with these clowns. Enraged that they are sacrificing your freedom for no reason, ya, I understand that...

Welcome to the land of the free, where you and your basic rights are protected. Your firearms shall not be infringed upon and your right to assemble will not be violated.

Start at 0:30

More Freedom at Work!

Ya, your rights are the biggest concern of lawmakers today, can't you tell? Hell, have you ever wondered how "unlawful" assembly really is defined? Look it up, subjective, completely subjective. Freedom, liberty, and life is all controlled by your government now. Your healthcare, your money, your property, your actions, all are mostly controlled by those in government trying too hard to protect you from yourself. I can hardly believe the Internet still exists (even though efforts to control that are well underway as well).

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I honestly think we need a "We Need You in Annapolis" splash/cover page at MDShooters with details on where to go and what days. I know there are plenty of links and stickies, but the importance of this one cannot be overstate.

THIS. If that doesnt happen or no one sees this I will PM it to the mods. Hundreds of people browse other subforums and have never been to this one to see this thread.

The training class is too expensive for the inner-city single mother to afford the "privilege" of defending her family. I know D.C. has an onerous requirement. This needs to be challenged.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

This is being discussed in another thread. MSP aren't in the middle of the 4473 process on unregulated guns, so don't have any records of those. Of course, after the registration date expires it becomes a felony to own if you haven't voluntarily registered it if meets the "1 feature plus removable mag" requirement.

They also don't know when you've sold a regulated gun, especially if sold out-of-state, so you'd better have paperwork to prove you no longer own it when they ask why you've only registered a portion of what they know about.

New round of letters going out... hopefully we can get this knocked down a notch before it's pushed through.

Why? If you sell a gun out of state why should the onus be on YOU to have paperwork to prove it? That's bull. What about someone who moves to another state and sells his guns? Through a ffl, or legally f2f?

According to this law, you can continue to POSSESS an assault weapon... But that is it. You cannot transport it within the state. You can either leave it on your own property or turn it in to your overlords. No repairs. No taking it to the range.

I didnt read it that way but ill reread it.

If you bought a regulated assault weapon and waited 7 days then it is already registered with the state police and does not have to be registered again. If you bought an unregulated assault weapon like an HBAR then you do have to register it.

You do not need a hangun license to possess any of your previously owned handguns. The license is to restrict a person from buying a handgun in the future, it does not apply to possession.

Is this correct from what I read? My head still hurts and I read the damn thing at 12pm

I dont think the part about regulated firearms being already registered is true. I think they expect you to register them again.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I did my own set of flowcharts to help reduce confusion. There's one for each kind of firearm.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
      Slide1.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 1,147
    • Slide2.jpg
      Slide2.jpg
      33.2 KB · Views: 1,111
    • Slide3.jpg
      Slide3.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 1,093

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What exactly do you mean by this?
    Exactly what I wrote.

From the legislation:
    (F) “DETACHABLE MAGAZINE” MEANS AN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE THAT CAN BE REMOVED READILY FROM A FIREARM WITHOUT REQUIRING DISASSEMBLY OF THE FIREARM ACTION OR WITHOUT THE USE OF A TOOL, INCLUDING A BULLET OR CARTRIDGE.
    I suspect they were trying to ban bullet buttons. But the way it reads makes it sound "bullet or cartridge" is included in the definition of "tool".

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    We don't have to wait until 2016; 2014 elections at the state level, we need to rally the troops and elect some representatives who actually care about the Constitution.

Wasn't worried about elections.....I retired just waiting on wife so we can leave this communist state. In the end all we do won't be good enough it's going to pass, start making exit plans now.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    THANKS FOR POSTING THIS. Come on everyone, it took me 15 minutes to email every group here.

If AGC is having problems, go directly to the links.

•Contact the Maryland Governor: Click HERE

•Contact Maryland Senators: Click HERE
    •Contact Maryland Delegates: Click HERE

•Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee: Click HERE
    •Senate Education, Health & Environmental Affairs Committee: Click HERE
    •House Judiciary Committee: Click HERE
    •House Environmental Matters Committee: Click HERE

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Exactly what I wrote.

From the legislation:

I suspect they were trying to ban bullet buttons. But the way it reads makes it sound "bullet or cartridge" is included in the definition of "tool".

They are saying that using a CA compliant gun doesn't let you get around the detachable magazine issue if the magazine is removable with a tool, including a bullet or cartridge. Seems pretty clear to me.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I wonder what they would do about the Smith and Wesson Governor ie 6 shot revolver that shoots 410 shotshells? Assault pistol/short barreled shotgun? I have gotten one response to emails about sb081 from delegate Nancy Stockdale saying she won't be voting in favor of it or any bill that would weaken the 2nd amendment.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    We need to get this info out to everyone. Facebook. Twitter. Use every means possible. Repsond to Miller's survey. Send the letters and emails (it takes just a few minutes to use the AGC club's automatic "send it to everyone" method). We need to make sure ALL gun supporters in Maryland get involved NOW. Or we will lose.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I wonder what they would do about the Smith and Wesson Governor ie 6 shot revolver that shoots 410 shotshells? Assault pistol/short barreled shotgun? I have gotten one response to emails about sb081 from delegate Nancy Stockdale saying she won't be voting in favor of it or any bill that would weaken the 2nd amendment.

Barrel length makes it a pistol. Non semi auto means it is ok.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Flood senator Mike Miller guys. He has the power to stop this, so we must start there now. I have expressed my opinion about the subject, and let him know that I will spare nothing to campaign against anyone who supports this bill.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have been intensely studying the verbiage of the bill since it has been posted on the Maryland Legislative site. It does seem pretty clear to me that the covert main thrust of this bill (regarding "assault long guns") is to:

1. Find and force registration of "assault weapons"
    2. Confiscate via court order (which will pend later) all assault weapons.

2gujdc5.jpg

I don't know how more clearer they can be with that; even after reading through the entire bill; I do not see where transport of a Assault weapon is allowed by the owner; only possession (meaning within the confines of your property)

Believe me guys, I have been emailing and talking to other unwary gun owners since this bill has come out; and I do hope that we can get the notice out about how bad this bill is, through increasing word of mouth to all gun owners; and tell whomever you are contacting to tell others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom