• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    What's up with the zombie craze? Aren't the "real" threats scary enough?!? Zombies are slow, stupid, unorganized and apparently can be killed with a .22lr... If that is the case, I would have a .22 pistol, 10/22 rifle, and a .410 shotgun...

In a real world scenario as an "Infidel", I would be packing weapons that eat whatever the military is using in bulk (prolly 9mm .45, 5.56 & 7.62), because in a real SHTF scenario, when the military runs out of ammo we are all screwed anyway

damm your dumb.... speed is not required when the goal is to penetrate the target with numerous resources

azharrison

Mar 14, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    damm your dumb.... speed is not required when the goal is to penetrate the target with numerous resources

:rofl: Sorry dude, you are correct. I haven't read much on ballistic requirements for killing zombies. Someone earlier had posted that they would choose a .22lr for quantity of ammo. I was just agreeing.

Now if penetration is the issue, perhaps a better choice would be a ma duce. Of course 50bmg does not work against vampires, werewolves or gargoyles... but that should be obvious to everyone here.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    Sorry dude, you are correct.

thanks first time thats happened... now the zombies I shot werent after me but I wanted some real time intell on what works and they cant run away fast but the 223 was a fav... also research shows the aimpoint is the scope for zombie mass murders

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I LOVE this thread.

G17 w/30 round mags
    my old Remington target .22

Ask me again in 6 mos..

G17 (still)
    Mossberg 590A1 w/7+1
    Spikes 11.5" silenced AR SBR (group buy!) :-)
    Naturally also the biggest edged weapon I can lay my hands on

Bugging out on foot isn't ideal though. I think I'd really like to take a few laps around the Columbia mall in the 4x4 with all my gun toting buddies before headin' for the hills on Z-day. Haha just a thought of course...:gun3:

I'll hold in place... just wondering if BBQ sauce or terriyaki

Can anyone recommend a good wine with zombie. I hear it tastes like chicken.

I haven't done much research on the subject,but could someone post the proper internal temp. to remove the "zombie" before consumption?

I would assume either BBQ or terriaki would work.But for those of us that like a little "bite",horseradish or wasabi?

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    Same as steak. Salt and pepper. Being that it's zombie I'd go with well done

FNC

Feb 13, 2011
    1. Rock River AR15
    2. Steyr M9A1 (9mm)
    3. Mossberg 590

My loadout consists of a plate carrier, 4 (x2) 30mag pouches, 2 (x1) pistol mag pouches, drop pouch, hydration pack.

IF Zombies go down with a .22, it would be a hard decision because I can carry a lot more ammo . . . gotta ponder this one :)

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Handgun - 9mm CZ remi 2075
    Rifle - 5.56 DPMS lower, MA parts upper AR -15
    Shotgun - 3.5 in 12ga. 870 Remm tricked way out.
    Althought I would hate to leave the Marlin 375. It
    would be awesome to drop Zombies with a hard
    hitting lever action!!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ok, so for our dinner conversation my kids and i came up with two list

For real list:
    Rifle; AK-47
    Pistol Walther; P99
    Shotgun Rem 870 (of course)

Wish list
    Rifle; BAR, just beacuse they are so awesome
    Pistol; Suppressed Glock (my wife chimed in and said it had to be pink...what ever!)
    Shotgun; Rem 870 SBR'd

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Everyone knows that you can only kill zombies with shotguns and beltfed weapons.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    What's up with the zombie craze? Aren't the "real" threats scary enough?!? Zombies are slow, stupid, unorganized
    I guess you have never seen 30 Days later. "Zombies" wont be crawling out of graves and moving slow. It would be along the lines of a Rage Virus. A man made disaster. Ever wonder whats really being created at Ft. Detrick and whats stored in Aberdeen Proving Grounds. I would wager its things we wouldnt want to get out into the population.

On a side note. Children are slow, stupid, and unorganized. Think you could take on 20 ten year olds?

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Zombie Killer

I would carry one of my MB500A's with Tactical stock and lights.
    double bandoleer with 25 rds each of 12ga shot. A few rounds of slug in vest for specific needs.
    On the hip. My CZ-82 spare mags in vest
    On the Vest cross draw S&W 469 9mm with 5 extra mags.
    Machete in back scabbard. For chopping limbs as needed.

:party29:

IcedC

Main Screen Turn On!
    Apr 3, 2008
    Setting up them the bomb!
    does this count as 1 gun?
    491F751A5CD58399B2AFCE_Large.jpg

AR with Saiga 12 attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads