• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I love cnn

they have a pic of Z and his attorney reacting to the child abuse charge , think Z might of smoked some weed to be that calm the attorney does a face palm its classic , of course cnn is going to say its because how bad their defense went

haha good catch
    jebus.JPG

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Whatever the verdict, GZ's life is messed up and the average citizen will certainly be less inclined to become involved in crime prevention.

Thanks Florida.

Sad state of affairs.

Crime prevention is not an acceptable reason for the use of deadly force.

A GZ felt, if you see something call it in - do not engage.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Crime prevention is not an acceptable reason for the use of deadly force.

A GZ felt, if you see something call it in - do not engage.

So if GZ used deadly force to prevent the crime of murder -- his own-- you object to that?

Did I miss sarcasm somewhere?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Nah, deadly force is authorized for self-defense.

Self-defense is not the same as crime prevention.

Self defense is a crime prevention. If I defend myself or another, I'm preventing crime.

Tough part of crime prevention, who can ever say it did anything? Extra officers on the road... Patrolling at certain times, target locations..... We can only guess what has been prevented and only count what has been reported..not occurred.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'll agree that you are 100% wrong.

It is awful to think a "security guard" has this view.

And the comment he would not follow a suspect in his professional role because it is dark? Six foot seven or four foot eight has nothing to do with it. Your moral stature has more to do with it.....

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I don't understand the people who don't understand. Z's actions were, to me, totally understandable and responsible. He was a NW captain. He could have felt a sense of responsibility without being a wannabe. He saw something he thought was suspicious. He called the police. They said you don't need to follow. He thought he could do so without danger or confrontation. He lost sight of T. T decides he wants to do a beat-down. He circles around and hides in the bushes. Z walks by and is jumped by T. T does exactly what he intended to do, administer punishment. T did not anticipate that Z would be armed and able to fire his weapon.

It had nothing to do with race. It had to do with Z's sense of responsibility. At each point in the decision-making process, Z was reasonable. Not perfect, and perhaps not what you or I would have done, but reasonable. When you look at the starting point and the ending point, it is easy to criticize. But I can see how it happened.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Here's a way a judge can improperly influence a trial. I believe that the prosecution was allowed to present its argument in chief, and then the court recessed for the evening. You never want to give the jury have an entire evening to think about the opponent's argument. A better way to do it is have all the arguments on one day. Start with the state's argument in chief, then the defense, and finally the state's rebuttal. Then give the case to the jury. I suspect the defense was not happy with this scheduling. It seems like the judge is doing every thing she can to favor the prosecution.

This isn't aimed at you just as I see it in general. I think it had a lot to do with race. Threecon ummm errrr treycon even said the word crazy assed cracker, that's racial no two ways about it. Then Threecon chose to bring fists and Skittles to a gun fight. Cold cocking Zimmerman on the nose to the point it was broken was being a coward then bashing Zimmerman's head on the concrete while Zimmerman was dazed and confused just added to it. Threecon didn't like that he was being followed by a crazy assed cracker and was out to fix it, and he lost.

It had nothing to do with race.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't understand the people who don't understand. Z's actions were, to me, totally understandable and responsible. He was a NW captain. He could have felt a sense of responsibility without being a wannabe. He saw something he thought was suspicious. He called the police. They said you don't need to follow. He thought he could do so without danger or confrontation. He lost sight of T. T decides he wants to do a beat-down. He circles around and hides in the bushes. Z walks by and is jumped by T. T does exactly what he intended to do, administer punishment. T did not anticipate that Z would be armed and able to fire his weapon.

It had nothing to do with race. It had to do with Z's sense of responsibility. At each point in the decision-making process, Z was reasonable. Not perfect, and perhaps not what you or I would have done, but reasonable. When you look at the starting point and the ending point, it is easy to criticize. But I can see how it happened.

:thumbsup:

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Even if a verdict is reached before/during the weekend it won't be announced till next week when most people are working and not able to riot.

OOps, something wrong with that statement, "Working" doesn't fit somehow.

haha - That made me LOL.

I still don't get the people trying to make the "he shouldn't have pursued" argument. :sad20: Who cares - no crime occurred until TM™ attacked GZ and the evidence and injuries support this. What other option did GZ have at the point in time where he put down TM™

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    We needed this so lets get it going! :party29:

He could have reached for TM's nut sack and ended the fight instantly, but we fight how we train and doing so in MMA is against the 'rules'. Since he only trained himself to defend himself using MMA techniques and a firearm his reflex reactions were derived from these skill sets.

Sent from my smartphone using Tappatalk 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom