• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    These blades should be shipping sometime soon here, anyone else as excited as I am for them?! Can't go wrong with a ZT/Hinderer collaboration, my 0551 has been awesome, I really like Elmax as a blade steel. Add in a flipper and the new Kershaw KVT and I think I'll be in heaven. Don't want to steal pictures from other people, but they're readily available if you google the knife and there're a few videos on YouTube for those that haven't heard of the blade.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I was thinking about the ZT 350 . Nut I am not really up on liner locks . So I am holding off until I can handle one. I bet the 551 will be real nice.

RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    I have a ZT 300, which is a frame lock, but the assisted opening is really smooth. Everything I've held from ZT has been good quality with really sold lock up, I bet the liner on the 350 would treat you well.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I like the ZT200 better because it's not assisted. The deployment is dependent on how fast you flick it out. It seems like the 300 series spring assisted deployment is really slow because of the thick heavy blade.

They are nice solid knives though.

RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    Definitely agree that the 300 comes out really slow, still love the thing since it's built like a tank. The ball bearing KVT pivot system used in the 560/561 is supposed to be incredibly smooth, I haven't gotten my hands on a blade that has it yet though.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I was thinking about the ZT 350 . Nut I am not really up on liner locks . So I am holding off until I can handle one. I bet the 551 will be real nice.

I carry a 350 daily and love it.
    Emersons are getting expensive and I was tearing them up so I needed something a little cheaper but still good quality and good steel.
    It's smaller than the 300 so it doesn't suffer from the sluggish opening the heavier blade does.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I carry a 350 daily and love it.
    Emersons are getting expensive and I was tearing them up so I needed something a little cheaper but still good quality and good steel.
    It's smaller than the 300 so it doesn't suffer from the sluggish opening the heavier blade does.

Pop- Do you like the liner lock ? Does it seem strong to you?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Pop- Do you like the liner lock ? Does it seem strong to you?

It does...I've carried an Emerson for at least 15 years so I'm accustomed to liner locks.
    While the ZT isn't titanium (or whatever the hell Emerson says it is and charges a bunch of money for) it is thick and solid and I trust it completely.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    It does...I've carried an Emerson for at least 15 years so I'm accustomed to liner locks.
    While the ZT isn't titanium (or whatever the hell Emerson says it is and charges a bunch of money for) it is thick and solid and I trust it completely.
    Thanks I think I will order one.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    well when the wife saw me going for my card she reminded me about the Spyderco Yojumbo I have on order. There is something about expensive knifes she just don't understand. But she sure does understand about expensive pistols LOL . I will pick and chose my battles. I will pass on this one for a while .

RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    Looks like the 0560s are starting to creep out, for some reason ZT filled overseas orders first. There's a guy from Canada selling 5 on ebay for $400. Pretty outrageous markup.

RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    Congrats on the 350, I'm sure it will treat you well. I was at Chantilly today as well, from around 1 til about 4:45, that place was packed it took me almost 20 minutes to find a parking spot

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Just so I can feel bad about what I paid for mine how much was it?
    Like I said before I've been carrying one for a while now and love the thing.
    Now go get yourself a Spyderco Sharpmaker.
    http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercotri-anglesharpmakermodel204mf.aspx

Pops- The guy wanted $125 for it I asked for some kinda of deal? He said CASH? I said sure, I said $115 he said show me the cash. $115 out the door. Another vendor was selling them for $147 and would not budge I even told him about the other guy.

As far as sharpeners go I am using a deluxe Lansky kit I also bought two diamone Lansky hones medium, fine. I am very happy so far .I would like to check out the Soyderco sharpener in use maybe I will go up to that place in Frederick I am sure he has a open one . I have heard verg good things about the wicked edge system but I just can't bring my self to spend that kind of money.

RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    Just a heads up to anyone who was looking at a ZT 0350, or considering ZT knives in general, KnifeCenter is running a pretty good sale on them today $189 and free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom