Big and little brother.

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpg
      IMG_4007.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 2,071

BUZZ1968

Feb 9, 2014
    NPAP M90 Want to buy

I have all ways wanted an AK, so I purchased a M92 with brace. I love it. After watching YouTube and seeing how soft the recoil was on the Zastava M90 and it was on the MDSP approved list. OMG, I was sold. Does anyone have advice for me before I get the old lady mad with me again.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Big and little brother.

How do the sights look? Rivets? Gas block? Any cant or issues? Looks good. Like the massive 40 rd mag. I've found magpul gen 2 and gen 3 windowed mags drop free and well from my gun, but non windowed do not drop out freely. Let us know how it shoots. Tulammo steelcase has worked great in mine. I leave it on gas setting 2. ZQI Turkish brass gave me lots of issues. Out of 30 rounds shot, several misfeeds, several extraction issues. Put 70 of the steelcase through just fine except one misfire (its cheap russian ammo). Haven't tried any other ammos

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I have all ways wanted an AK, so I purchased a M92 with brace. I love it. After watching YouTube and seeing how soft the recoil was on the Zastava M90 and it was on the MDSP approved list. OMG, I was sold. Does anyone have advice for me before I get the old lady mad with me again.

The recoil depends on the gas setting. Gas setting 2 almost feels like a 7.62 ak but maybe my memories just off. I hear setting 1 is like a .22. Haven't used setting 3 but i've heard thats the harshest setting on the gun.

Make sure to see the gun in person first! I would avoid buying online unless you want to have your gun sent back to century for repairs. Look at the gas block adjustment rivets. The rivets on the receiver. Check the sights for any cant, barrel, gas block. Open it up and check the internals, see how well it slides. Really give it a thorough look through for quality issues. Century is great about fixing any problems, and its free, but the guns gone for a month and half or so.

I'd reccomend it. I love mine so far. Its fairly accurate as well. Tell her its a gun that would be banned if Hillary got in. Reassure her with a "Itz good" in a thick russian accent.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Thought the mags would make the pictures better lol both guns feel great and camber dummy rounds perfectly. Unfortunately given work schedule both are brand new unfired still. Sights look fine a lot to say after both are fired tho. Rivets are tight and gas block on 90 was pre set on 3 will need to determine if it needs to be adjusted. Will touch up more tomorrow on them.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Thought the mags would make the pictures better lol both guns feel great and camber dummy rounds perfectly. Unfortunately given work schedule both are brand new unfired still. Sights look fine a lot to say after both are fired tho. Rivets are tight and gas block on 90 was pre set on 3 will need to determine if it needs to be adjusted. Will touch up more tomorrow on them.

Did yours come with a build certificate from Zastava?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I have a pistol that I SBRed. Fun little gun. I had to sand the mag well a bit to keep the mags from sticking. On a couple of occasions, I have had an ejection issue. It rolls the spent case back into the trigger well. Not a huge issue, it's an easy fix, but it has happened two or three times.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    No it did not? I am guessing your did? What does it say on it

I didn't either. I've seens several videos where people have received a build certificate from Zastava. Day it left the factory, serial number, model, other misc stuff, and stamped. Wish I had gotten one. Also curious as to if the serial numbers are the production numbers, example M90NP001123 would be the 1,123 M90NP produced.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Yeah mines M90NP001677.
    Ive seen Npaps with 053000. I think there is a correlation since we know there are many more npaps in circulation and the m90nps are few

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Bumping this thread. Just won one on GB. Everyone's experience still positive?

150 rds through it. Tulammo .223 steelcase on gas setting 2 has been my favourite. Only one round gave me issues. ZQ1 5.56 ammo is shit and doesnt work in this rifle. Gen 1 Hexmags will hold the bolt open on last round. Gen2/3 windowed pmags will drop free after you wear them in a bit. For some reasoned non windowed mags wont drop free.

I put a UTG Pro Quad rail and Magpul Zhukov S Stock on mine. Great setup and combo. Very solid rifle.
    1692d0e814d35dac68d38e110613108a.jpg

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    150 rds through it. Tulammo .223 steelcase on gas setting 2 has been my favourite. Only one round gave me issues. ZQ1 5.56 ammo is shit and doesnt work in this rifle. Gen 1 Hexmags will hold the bolt open on last round. Gen2/3 windowed pmags will drop free after you wear them in a bit. For some reasoned non windowed mags wont drop free.

I put a UTG Pro Quad rail and Magpul Zhukov S Stock on mine. Great setup and combo. Very solid rifle.
    1692d0e814d35dac68d38e110613108a.jpg

Looks good :thumbsup:. Hopefully the one I receive isn't a POS. For $500, I figured it was worth a shot! :gun2:

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Looks good :thumbsup:. Hopefully the one I receive isn't a POS. For $500, I figured it was worth a shot! :gun2:

Damn really?!? Yeah thats great. I paid $735 otd. Check over it well for any canted parts. Century will warranty any issues. My RSB was canted , I took a hammer and tapped it over into place. I'm sure when you pick this rifle up you will be able to tell its a tank. When I compare my M90NP to my cousins Wasr 10/63, he and I both commented on how noticeably heavier, better quality finish, feel my rifle had. If I came across one for $500 i'd buy another lol. The action will get more and more smooth as you rack the slide over time. Mine caught up slightly on the hammer but after as many times as I've racked the slide and oiled, there is no hangup and its very smooth now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom