• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This is Maryland. Frosh would like nothing more than a public flogging of some poor sod to show that the False Safety Act of 2013 is working in order to help his butt buddy Van Hollen get elected.

Someone posted a letter from the MSP recently for a rifle that they looked at and determined not to be banned. It comes on MSP letter head. A letter like that would be your get out of jail free card. See here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=199240&highlight=letter

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    This is Maryland. Frosh would like nothing more than a public flogging of some poor sod to show that the False Safety Act of 2013 is working in order to help his butt buddy Van Hollen get elected.

Someone posted a letter from the MSP recently for a rifle that they looked at and determined not to be banned. It comes on MSP letter head. A letter like that would be your get out of jail free card. See here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=199240&highlight=letter

I'll give them a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    This is definitely a vague one. Should I call MSP or what?

You should definitely call. The point I was making is that just because the rifle is banned, does not mean the pistol is banned. Zastava PAP M90NP could be banned, but a roughly equivalent gun configured as a pistol version could be 100% legal. To a normal ordinary rational human being that might make no sense, but MD laws are like that.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    You should definitely call. The point I was making is that just because the rifle is banned, does not mean the pistol is banned. Zastava PAP M90NP could be banned, but a roughly equivalent gun configured as a pistol version could be 100% legal. To a normal ordinary rational human being that might make no sense, but MD laws are like that.

yeah. saying zastava pap refers to many models as pap is a series built by zastava. with it being a rare gun, i would wonder if theyve heard of it

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    yeah. saying zastava pap refers to many models as pap is a series built by zastava. with it being a rare gun, i would wonder if theyve heard of it

Right, but you are asking about a long gun. Hence you consult the long gun list, which says it's banned. If you ask about a pistol, you have to consult a completely different list.

At the bottom there is a link to the Firearm Review Form

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Right, but you are asking about a long gun. Hence you consult the long gun list, which says it's banned. If you ask about a pistol, you have to consult a completely different list.

Oh okay. Like I said I'm new to the laws and such. I think I'll look back into the Windham one, I saw some people selling them for $770 I think. Seems easier to deal with

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Windham is a better gun anyway. Better barrel, and much easier to add optics. Oh yeah, and completely legal in HBAR form.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I know its off topic, But the MSAR isn't on the banned list. Its definitely not parts swappable with the AUG.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I think they took that "No child left behind" policy and brought it to maryland government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom