Yugo M24/47 Mauser...tell me things and stuff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Ok, so Samco has these and I am intrigued...

...and so I placed an order on 2 April for the mauser and like 72 different bayonets cuz I like shiny things.

I noticed the "OMFG SO MANY ORDERZ...IF YOU ORDER IT WILL TAKE A WEEK OR TWO!!!11!!ONE!", Buuuuutt.....

...Still haven't been charged, still haven't heard squat, despite 4 (unanswered) emails.

Srsly?

tumblr_lu4bsl2f731qfu4tho1_500.png

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    ...and so I placed an order on 2 April for the mauser and like 72 different bayonets cuz I like shiny things.

I noticed the "OMFG SO MANY ORDERZ...IF YOU ORDER IT WILL TAKE A WEEK OR TWO!!!11!!ONE!", Buuuuutt.....

...Still haven't been charged, still haven't heard squat, despite 4 (unanswered) emails.

Sooooooo...Samco called me today. Apparently, some dumbass typed in my credit card info wrong. OutRAGEOUS. How dare my personal assistants type in my number wrong. Know what happens now?

AlanRK1406-468x355.jpg

FIRED!

(The british version of the Apprentice is better cuz Lord Sugar (no shit, that's his name) > the Trump hairpiece.)

So, shiny "Very Good" mauser and 72 shiny-pokey thingys are en route (well, tomorrow).

tumblr_lw4u4h2S8n1qfu4tho1_250.gif

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    It's Here!

FINALLY...BBT pulls up and hands me the sweet, sweet cardboard box of delights.

I glanced at the label and initially thought it was my Gahendra from IMA, due to not looking at the label correctly, but I unfolded the invoice and the magical word "Samco" appeared...

tumblr_lvwcg6XeHm1qbjo08o1_250.png

So I open the box and 300 bayonets...well, four...fall out...sigh. Whatever...I need RIFLE! So I tear open the wrapping...and there's a lot of it...and there she is. I think, cuz it's a huge blob of cosmoline at that point. Sigh. Grab the Goof Off wipes (which are UH-MAZING for cosmo, BTW) and half an hour later I have a Mauser!

20130529174313.jpg

20130529174313.jpg

It's very much not like CasualObserver's. Two bolts in the stock...one where his is, and one beneath the rear of the bolt. I sense many researches in my future...

Anyway, it's got some "character" on the stock, but nothing horrible. The upper handguard is an obvious replacement, but the stock itself is numbered and matches the receiver and trigger group. The bolt doesn't match, but that was as advertised and it's all shiny and nice. It's got a nice Yugo crest...5 flames and a fold-under. I dunno what all that means, but people seem to get all uppity about it, so I figured I'd point it out. There's some cyrillic on the receiver with a "44" that I don't understand...it matches the slav-squiggles on the bayonet, though. The bayonet is nice and looks pretty much brand new, despite it's 4-digit serial (which matches it's scabbard but doesn't match the rifle...which is also 4-digit, though the bolt is 6-digit).

Numbered Stock (Matches receiver and lower):
    20130529174100.jpg

Obvious replacement upper HG:
    20130529174115.jpg

Shiny non-matching bolt:
    20130529174233.jpg

Yugo crest:
    20130529174205.jpg

Cyrillc squiggles:
    20130529174143.jpg

Bayo and scabbard serials:
    20130529174556.jpg

Bayo squiggles:
    20130529174621.jpg

For mandatory feet pic, I threw on a 9ft-long persian Bayo for shiggles:
    20130529174437.jpg

So, ONWARDS TO RESEARCH!

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Also, of note: There's no obvious importer markings. The serial is laser-etched on the receiver, but no import company name that I can find. All the screws were cosmo'd up, so I'm pretty sure it's not underneath anything.

Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom