• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Blaster how comfortable is the Kydex side of the holster that rides against your body.
    I like the cam/ shim concept opposed to wings.
    Thanks

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster how comfortable is the Kydex side of the holster that rides against your body.
    I like the cam/ shim concept opposed to wings.
    Thanks
    It's not comfy. Nothing inside your pants is comfortable. Comfort is determined by how much you can get used to, and I believe that is only determined my time and how often you get to carry. My hip has been killing me for years since having to carry a brick of a P229 for my career.
    Trick is to have a slimmer profile of what gets in the waistband.
    The Tenicor has a slightly thinner kydex over other from what I can tell. And their "boning" to the shape of the pistol is closer "snug". This all contributes to a smaller circumference you're tucking in.

Only thing I do is make a sweat guard to help prevent pinching my muffin top. I use some old bubble shipping wrap with some goon tape (gaffers).

The real savior I have found for comfort, is not a padded holster, but a ratchet belt like Kore or Nexbelt. To be able to loosen the belt a 1/2 or 1/2 inch when you sit down is HUGE in relieving pressure off your hips and guts. Then when standing up you just kind of snug the belt back. You can do this through your shirt. Holed belts with 1 inch increments, this is impossible to do.
    The belt to me is key to IWB carry comfort.

holst.jpg

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    Suggest you carry the concealable gun you shoot the best. In my case it's a toss-up between the Glock 19 and a Browning Hi-Power.....that is of course not a "deep conceal" gun and carried with a shoulder rig, mostly in the winter with a coat or "heavy shirt". Second choice for me is a Kimber Solo in a shoulder rig, and for deep conceal or "summer carry" I use a Ruger LCP II.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bumping an old post from SCAR...I'm putting together some holsters for a G19 and a G26. For IWB carry, is there any reason not to just get Supertucks and move on?
    joppaj,

I found this thread because I need holsters too and searched "Holsters for Glock 23"
    In planning for the future, I am also looking to pick up a G19, so finding good holster recommendations is very important to me.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    joppaj,

I found this thread because I need holsters too and searched "Holsters for Glock 23"
    In planning for the future, I am also looking to pick up a G19, so finding good holster recommendations is very important to me.
    I wound up with the Tenicor that Blaster recommends and a Supertuck for my G19. I don't have my blue guns here yet to practice with, but I'll keep you posted once I've had some time to work with them.

That said, for OWB I went with Raven Concealment System. I've had one for my G22 for years and I'm very happy with it.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    joppaj,

23 and 19 use the same holsters. Heck, they both fit a 17 holster as well. No matter what is recommended, you’ll have a tub of holsters in no time.

Me, I’ve found Milt Sparks Sumer Specials fit me very well. Not cheap and can be a long wait if not in stock.

What’s your location? I have a few others you could try.
    6AB1389B-5C9D-46BA-980E-15B3B4CF9E56.jpeg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, if you were picking. Okay.

Right now it is a Cz50 for when need to go smallest in a desantis IWB appendix. I carry my Glock 19 in a Versacarry IWB small of the back when I can wear some extra clothes. I am looking at getting a P365.

If I were to carry full size, I'd carry my G17 or 21, but I am not sure I'd be CC either of those.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I wound up with the Tenicor that Blaster recommends and a Supertuck for my G19. I don't have my blue guns here yet to practice with, but I'll keep you posted once I've had some time to work with them.

That said, for OWB I went with Raven Concealment System. I've had one for my G22 for years and I'm very happy with it.
    The Raven Perun is probably the best kydex OWB holster out there, especially with all the mounting options. Tight fit and close to the body.
    The thing that gets me, which hinders my draw, are the 2 pointy things that go up. I'm sure the inside one is a sweat guard. I'm not sure the purpose of the outside one. I feel my pistol is held captive until it clears all of that stuff. I think a dremel is in my future.

1a5705e4c4e32edf7d6eb140f59eea0d.jpg

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    23 and 19 use the same holsters. Heck, they both fit a 17 holster as well. No matter what is recommended, you’ll have a tub of holsters in no time.

Me, I’ve found Milt Sparks Sumer Specials fit me very well. Not cheap and can be a long wait if not in stock.

View attachment 454355
    I am near Arbutus not far from the Guinness Brewery.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

View attachment 454355
    There's only 1 holster in that bunch that's worth keeping. It's that Bianchi model#6 suede holster in the bottom middle behind that suede thumb snap. Those are a GREAT general purpose/back up holster to have with you in case your primary holster takes a dump for some reason.
    Your bunch of holsters pile looks a little small. :) My life took a turn for the better when I gave away or threw away most of my stash. Just like keeping extra pieces of crown molding around the house, you're never going to need any of those holsters there you haven't used in years lol

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    There's only 1 holster in that bunch that's worth keeping. It's that Bianchi model#6 suede holster in the bottom middle behind that suede thumb snap. Those are a GREAT general purpose/back up holster to have with you in case your primary holster takes a dump for some reason.
    Your bunch of holsters pile looks a little small. :) My life took a turn for the better when I gave away or threw away most of my stash. Just like keeping extra pieces of crown molding around the house, you're never going to need any of those holsters there you haven't used in years lol
    I bet you know to leave LL Cool J alone in the deli too

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Didn't you show us a nice suede holster at welder Dave's place? Mike

I am about to "pull the trigger" on a nice Nexbelt based on first hand inspection of yours at Dave's. Thanks for the education on those.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The Raven Perun is probably the best kydex OWB holster out there, especially with all the mounting options. Tight fit and close to the body.
    The thing that gets me, which hinders my draw, are the 2 pointy things that go up. I'm sure the inside one is a sweat guard. I'm not sure the purpose of the outside one. I feel my pistol is held captive until it clears all of that stuff. I think a dremel is in my future.

1a5705e4c4e32edf7d6eb140f59eea0d.jpg
    It is odd. My older Raven holster only has that piece on the inside. As you note, I assumed it was a sweat guard. I'm equally confused by the outside one.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I think it reasonable to assume that most people, if given the choice, would opt to have multiple choices for concealed carry. I'm asking here for your personal group of three guns in three different frame sizes to allow flexibility in concealed carry. I'd further say that to keep things simple, please make all of your choices in one caliber. If you needed three concealed carry guns, one full size, one mid size, one small, what would they be?
    I have a VP9, VP9SK, and my smaller sized is a Beretta APX Carry (which fits nicely in my coat pocket).

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    That is one of ten bins. You have duty, western, deployment, OWB, tactical and general use. Not worth selling them as shipping would be more then most holsters.

I do have a bin of left handed ones as well:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom