• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So far so good with my deal with the guy in MI. I sent him money order, he removed the ad from arms list once he got the info from my FFL. He called me two days ago and said he got the money order and was shipping that day. He must have sent it express or something cause he said t would be here Wed. I haven't checked the tracking number yet, but he sent it to my phone when he shipped. He is new to someone buying from another state, he said I was awful trusting and he wasn't sure he would ever do such a thing. I told him I talk to the ppl first and feel them out when I call to ask questions. If I get a bad feeling about the person, I don't do the deal.

Edit..
    Ok, just checked the tracking number, shows shipped on 15th, and one day left for shipping. Currently it's in PA. So looks like the guy followed though.

This is what I'm waiting on. Hopefully all goes well and it looks as good in person as it does in the pics. Anyone know what it is?

ahyvy7ev.jpg

3a9ynu5u.jpg

Last edited:
    Feb 28, 2013
    Anybody ever sold to an out of state buyer on Armslist? I have an out of state buyer who wants to buy one of my rifles. I would obviously be shipping to his FFL.

How should I handle payment? Have him send me the money order he is paying with and once I have the money, then ship the gun?

In a perfect world that's how it would go.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    How should I handle payment? Have him send me the money order he is paying with and once I have the money, then ship the gun?

Yes. Have him send a USPS money order. If its over $1k, he'll need to break it up into multiple MOs.

maverick0379

Aug 11, 2010
    Anybody ever sold to an out of state buyer on Armslist? I have an out of state buyer who wants to buy one of my rifles. I would obviously be shipping to his FFL.

I've sold guns that way. As long as it ships to an FFL you have no worries. Make them pay up front then ship. It's the same as buying something off gun broker.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Oh didn't tell you guys about a guy I found scamming last week. He had a hk91 for sale fr 1200 in md. Then texts me from 409-233-7650, tells me his name is frank Crain 8702 sanguin drive, silsbee tx 77656. I figured t was a scam but felt like annoying him so. Played along.
    Try's like hell to get me to send the money, says he was n MD for meeting when listed rifle. I said why would you have a rifle for a meeting? He changes subject..
    Says everything is good, just send payment and you will like rifle 100%
    I say well I need to see it but since your in Texas I'll send money to my buddy there and he can check it and give you payment, then send to my FFL.
    He says I'm not home alot, I work alot. I say no problem, leave rifle there and someone else can show him.
    He says it's in my car
    I say no problem, tell me where you park I'll have him go there, he's trustworthy, he's a cop.
    He says im reallY busy, just don't have time to meet.
    I say sure. You list it here in md, can't meet FTF, keep it in car and always working.. Your soo full of shit i Smell you from here.
    He continues to try to get me to send payment.lol
    I say ok, send the rifle here to my FFL , if it gets here and is genuine HK, I'll send you all 1200.

He says ..ok. Will

Fast forward to Tonight.. It's going on 1am there.. And I just sent him a text asking why he didn't contact my FFL :D

Btw, I looked up the addy too. There is another name of Crain that lives there. Google also shows a sex offender lives there.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Like everyone has said, it's basically Craigslist for guns. Filled with good opportunities as well as scams. I have sold a few guns thru Armslist, but always had someone watching my back and having a good story like I don't have a ton of guns, my neighbor is a cop, and so on. Be careful selling, be cautious buying. Tell someone where you are going, who you are meeting, and leave their contact info. 99% percent of the time you'll be okay. It's just that 1% that can getcha.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I bought some shotshell hulls off of their about a year ago. What PITA that was. The transaction was ok, but, it was overly complicated and it doesn't seem any of the Sellers check their emails until they sell something and then that takes days to get a reply from them. I just bought a gun off of GunsAmerica.com and that was about the same experience.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I bought some shotshell hulls off of their about a year ago. What PITA that was. The transaction was ok, but, it was overly complicated and it doesn't seem any of the Sellers check their emails until they sell something and then that takes days to get a reply from them. I just bought a gun off of GunsAmerica.com and that was about the same experience.

Ill admit this. I takes me a day or two to get back to people because its a personal email and not my work email. Nw that I'm on injury I should be quicker with it.

I say that cuz I currently have something listed on aarmslist.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ill admit this. I takes me a day or two to get back to people because its a personal email and not my work email. Nw that I'm on injury I should be quicker with it.

I say that cuz I currently have something listed on aarmslist.

Indeed you do have something on there. I emailed you is pm better?

I have bought and sold on armslist before. Just like Craigslist you just have to be careful and smart.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Indeed you do have something on there. I emailed you is pm better?

I have bought and sold on armslist before. Just like Craigslist you just have to be careful and smart.

Yeah I was basically referring to me taking a while to get back to you specifically, I just ignored all cash offers hahaha.

I check here way more as my personal email is gummed up with amazon, gun deals, eBay, spirit airlines, and weapons world spam emails. Oh and that one blonde girl that sends me a naked pic SAME EMAIL EVERDAY no way to unsubscribe. I don't even know what it's for as I never click the link hahaha.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Oh didn't tell you guys about a guy I found scamming last week. He had a hk91 for sale fr 1200 in md. Then texts me from 409-233-7650, tells me his name is frank Crain 8702 sanguin drive, silsbee tx 77656. I figured t was a scam but felt like annoying him so. Played along.
    Try's like hell to get me to send the money, says he was n MD for meeting when listed rifle. I said why would you have a rifle for a meeting? He changes subject..
    Says everything is good, just send payment and you will like rifle 100%
    I say well I need to see it but since your in Texas I'll send money to my buddy there and he can check it and give you payment, then send to my FFL.
    He says I'm not home alot, I work alot. I say no problem, leave rifle there and someone else can show him.
    He says it's in my car
    I say no problem, tell me where you park I'll have him go there, he's trustworthy, he's a cop.
    He says im reallY busy, just don't have time to meet.
    I say sure. You list it here in md, can't meet FTF, keep it in car and always working.. Your soo full of shit i Smell you from here.
    He continues to try to get me to send payment.lol
    I say ok, send the rifle here to my FFL , if it gets here and is genuine HK, I'll send you all 1200.

He says ..ok. Will

Fast forward to Tonight.. It's going on 1am there.. And I just sent him a text asking why he didn't contact my FFL :D

Btw, I looked up the addy too. There is another name of Crain that lives there. Google also shows a sex offender lives there.

Since I got this message below by a new guy asking questions. And I gave him my number to call but he didn't...

I'll post here.

kgass said:
    I too have dealt with this individual on listings he had on gunlistings.org . I have been talking back and forth to him today, he has several listings on this site. Did you ever resolve anything with him or have you heard anyone else say they have been scammed by him as well?

There was no resolve, he never contacted FFL, he never sent rifle. The reason he can't is he don't have it, it's a scam. I searched some keywords for that rifle and looked at google images.. Sure enough I found that the rifle was on gunauction.com. A month or so before . He then took those pics and listed the gun on armslist with the hopes tht some fool would send him money.

Here is where he got the pics from.. Notice it was listed in NY.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12134...k-91-semi-auto-rifle-.308-genuine-german-prod

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I made a purchase almost 1-1/2 years ago from an FFL in Texas. It went smoothly. My Maryland FFl doesn't do transfers from non-FFls for the reasons stated by others. Also, I recently did a FTF with a local guy who sold me 10 50 cal ammo cans for $100. Nice guy and all went smoothly.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I just did a deal on Armslist for a shotgun...of course, I am here in NC. I carried a gun, the buddy that went with me carried a gun.....and the two guys we met were carrying guns. We all had a great laugh about it and chatted for a while at the meeting place.

Sirex