Your First gun---either as a kid or an adult?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I inherited my Father's Ruger Single-Six, .22 cal, with interchangeable cylinders, the first gun I learned to shoot as a kid, when he died in 1988. It is, therefore, the first gun I ever shot, and the first that I ever owned.

sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    first eapon that was "mine" was a 16a2 that was a complete pos that turned me completely off the ar form for a while. the first purchased weapon was an 870

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    1970 I was born and while mom and I were still in the hospital dad found " a great deal". He convinced mom a Parker Bros. shotgun was a good investment for me. I still have that 1917 Parker GHE and still haven't fired it. He was right, it was a great investment.
    When I was 6-7 he got me a Savage model 24 which was a .22 over a .410 and that was my first hunting gun. I took many squirrels, and a few ducks and geese with that gun. Then on Christmas morning when I was 12 I opened a box that was a (used but new to me) High Standard 20ga Flight King. I remember exclaiming "Now I have 2 guns" and that's when dad explained the process of upgrading. He explained he had sold my Savage to my buddies dad for my buddy to get for Christmas so he could buy me my 20ga to hunt with. Even at 12 I wasn't buying that. I was like WTF dad??? You just sold my gun to buy me a Christmas present !!! Loved that High Standard but it pained me greatly to know my buddy now had my Savage. I bugged my friend to sell me the Savage back and tried to explain it was my first gun and a gift from my dad. He one day pointed out that it was his first gun and a gift from his dad. I realized then that that little gun meant as much to him as it did me and that it was in good hands. Flash forward a few years (well a bunch of years) and my dad had passed away. A few years later his dad passed. I was sitting in his kitchen shooting the $hit with him and he said he had something for me. He went up stairs and came down with a gun case containing my Savage. He said Merry Christmas and for me not to give him any $hit about his giving me the same Christmas present my dad had given me so many years ago.
    We share a mutual love for that gun and all the memories we have tied around it but he wanted me to have it as I was more likely to have a kid to pass it along to.
    It is currently dry and cozy next to many others but none that carry as much value to me.
    I have passed on the Flight King to my cousins son but that Savage will go to my girl when she's ready.
    And one of these days I'm gonna get around to shooting that Parker.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My first gun was a Revelation (Western Auto Store) single shot .22 bolt action rifle. My parents didn't have much money so they got what they could afford. I still have the rifle but it hasn't worked in years. Best Christmas present ever!

sim1776

Oct 30, 2010
    Harford county
    My first was a ruger 10/22, a Christmas present right around 11 or 12. The first that I bought was an AK-47, a recent purchase. All those years of hunting were strictly bow.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    870 Wingmaster, Got when I was 13 for getting on the honor roll all 4 times in a year. Sure beat the 50 bucks they offered my brother. Still got 17 years later, just needed some fitting.

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    First gun shot was a single-shot .22 rifle at a Boy Scout match.

My first gun was a S&W Model 19 that I wish I still had. I just bought a 586 to "replace" it, and i've bought (and kept) a lot of guns in between.

Harpoon76

Dec 4, 2008
    Bossier City, LA
    My parents/grandparents "lent" me many guns for hunting and such as a child, but my very first was a Remington 870. It was suppose to be a Christmas present but I caught wind that my old man was getting me one. It took me two weeks to convince him to let me use it opening day of deer season. He made me promise not to tell mom.

A week later I bagged my first deer (at age 12) on opening day with that shotgun.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    first one i ever shot was my grandpa's .22lr, i lved that man and the rifle. the first gun i ever bought was a glock 17.

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    Wow, good topic. I actually have the first gun I ever shot, a High Standard 22L pump/ Dad said he thinks he got it from Kmart. My first gun I ever owned was a Mossberg 500 shotgun I got for Christmas when I was 11 yrs old. I got my first knife that year too a set of Buck knives. The first gun I ever bought was a 58 Enfield (Civil War replica) that I bought for myself on my 19th birthday. I still own and use them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom