• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Funny stuff. See alot of these guys are Freestate.....biggest challenge is stopping them from sweeping the stuff downrange.

I spend more time sweeping than I do shooting.

LandinD

Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    What annoys me are the guys who walk behind me and start picking up my brass while im shooting. I dont reload but I have friends who do and it would be a completely different story if they asked.

Theyre like vultures ill see them coming behind me picking up the brass from my 223 40 and 9mm and they peck at it like ****ing birds eating seed. just seriously ask if im collecting my brass first before you start picking it up at will.

It was bad enough the last time I was at freestate that even though I wasnt taking it with me I swept it out into the lanes just to keep the asshat from walking behind me while I was firing.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    What annoys me are the guys who walk behind me and start picking up my brass while im shooting. I dont reload but I have friends who do and it would be a completely different story if they asked.

Theyre like vultures ill see them coming behind me picking up the brass from my 223 40 and 9mm and they peck at it like ****ing birds eating seed. just seriously ask if im collecting my brass first before you start picking it up at will.

It was bad enough the last time I was at freestate that even though I wasnt taking it with me I swept it out into the lanes just to keep the asshat from walking behind me while I was firing.

Range safety and all that, but I would think twice about mooching from a guy with a loaded firearm in his hand.:sad20:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Funny stuff. See alot of these guys are Freestate.....biggest challenge is stopping them from sweeping the stuff downrange.

I spend more time sweeping than I do shooting.

no kidding.. I don't sweep.. I just pick up every case I shoot per session/mag. :o

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I shoot at a private farm and when the grass is high I can't always find all of my brass. So, I thought I got smart and set up a tarp that catches most of it. Also, I'm too lazy to buy a brass catcher, etc.

Anyways, I was shooting my 1911, AR15, and 9mm one day and I found all of my brass except one piece of .45! It felt like my dog died. I had to finally give up looking and it took me the rest of the evening before I reconciled that it was a good day overall.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

These guys are a real PITA there and it's against the rules to boot. I'd say something to mgmt next time they start. I have to stop every other mag and get my brass because of these jerks. They're like rats scurrying around grabbing everything. I'm not above asking the shooter next to me if I can have their brass if they don't save it though.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I shoot at a private farm and when the grass is high I can't always find all of my brass. So, I thought I got smart and set up a tarp that catches most of it. Also, I'm too lazy to buy a brass catcher, etc.

Anyways, I was shooting my 1911, AR15, and 9mm one day and I found all of my brass except one piece of .45! It felt like my dog died. I had to finally give up looking and it took me the rest of the evening before I reconciled that it was a good day overall.

Yes it was. I always lose about 40-50% of my brass indoors. It either ejects forward of the line or some asshat picks it up before I can.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    These guys are a real PITA there and it's against the rules to boot. I'd say something to mgmt next time they start. I have to stop every other mag and get my brass because of these jerks. They're like rats scurrying around grabbing everything. I'm not above asking the shooter next to me if I can have their brass if they don't save it though.

I always ask shooters if they save their brass, in 1.5 Years as a member I've heard "yes" maybe once or twice.

Most seem curious as to why I would want it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If I see someone picking up MY brass, I tell them thanks for picking it up, but give it back to me, as it is MY brass.

That normally stops them.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    LOL - I did have a guy standing behind me at On Target once picking up my spent shells. I asked him to stop and he did. 10 minutes later, there was another person back there picking up the shells. I asked, "Are you folks fcking homeless?" He looked at me confused and just stood there. Eventually he walked away when I asked if he would pay for my range time.

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    That was entertaining, when i shoot indoors I try to use my Balzer stuff aluminum casings no one bothers to pick up my brass,, don't know why

mdiom

Sep 7, 2012
    Abingdon
    BAHAHAHAHA!! Good stuff..... I've seen two grown men get into a serious argument over brass ownership at a range before...with loaded firearms on the table. Needless to say, I stepped out of the room.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    LoL good stuff. I shoot mostly at my house and I don't pick up brass that isn't laying on top. I bet there's over 5000 pieces of brass laying in the small field behind the house.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I don't reload or collect my brass (except for my ar57), so enlighten me, what am I leaving behind $$ wise? I do eventually intend to get into it once I dig myself out of my Oct 1st pit of debt.

mdiom

Sep 7, 2012
    Abingdon
    I don't reload or collect my brass (except for my ar57), so enlighten me, what am I leaving behind $$ wise? I do eventually intend to get into it once I dig myself out of my Oct 1st pit of debt.

I've only recently begun to collect my brass because Im expecting to invest time and money at the end of the year into reloading. I went through the ammo shortage of 08/09, stocked up and now (with this ammo craze) I'm realizing the only way to avoid dealing with the headache of buying ammo is to make it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom