"You Can Not Use Small Pistol Primers For .223". That's What He Said.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    So I don't get it, was this thread started to bait people in replying then troll them or something?
    jack.gif

No Sir, It was written by a arrogant uneducated ass who thinks he is well educated in the area of casting and reloading. He tends to throw things out there and see in what direction the members roll with, And when needed he changes his story to fit. The sad part is quite a few members here listen to him. The way he reloads its just a matter of time before the big boom. I will say it again, Anyone who takes advice from him is FOOLISH.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Interesting thread - I'm confounded by the idea that someone would knowingly use incorrect components on something they know develops the kinds of pressures rifle cartridges generate. That's asking for trouble.

I once ask my Dad (who probably forgot more about hand-loading than I'll ever know) about his "heavy" loads - I'd stood by more than once why guys shooting the bull started talking about loading beyond the manual recommendations, and I wondered if he did any experimenting. His response? Absolutely not. He'd load right up to a manual limit (some of his .30-06 loads are at manual limits) but he never over-loaded, and he also made sure that the gun he was shooting could handle the load.

His philosophy was that if he needed more power, then he'd get a different gun with a more powerful cartridge and just use that.

Bringing this back to the subject of the thread, I'm quite certain that he would never have used pistol primers on rifle loads.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I said, "That's funny. You just shot 50 rounds of them reloaded with small pistol primers".

He then apologized to me for not a single issue while looking in to space with a blank look upon his face. Priceless.

LOL thanks guys. Glad everyone assumes I reloaded these. My how we jump to conclusions. This was a copy / paste from a guy I know that found a note in the bottom of a box of reloads when they got done shooting. Not sure how the note got to the bottom of the box, but, it should have been duct taped to the top if you ask me.

Funny, but I don't see anywhere in the OP where you stated this.

Are we supposed to assume, from now on, that all of your posts are similarly poached from other people?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    LOL thanks guys. Glad everyone assumes I reloaded these. My how we jump to conclusions. This was a copy / paste from a guy I know that found a note in the bottom of a box of reloads when they got done shooting. Not sure how the note got to the bottom of the box, but, it should have been duct taped to the top if you ask me.

I KNOW, RIGHT! Weird people just assuming threads started by you, speaking in the first person, are indeed written about you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom