"You Can Not Use Small Pistol Primers For .223". That's What He Said.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I said, "That's funny. You just shot 50 rounds of them reloaded with small pistol primers".

He then apologized to me for not a single issue while looking in to space with a blank look upon his face. Priceless.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Pistol primers have thinner cups than rifle primers for a reason. Someone could get away with using the wrong components in reloads, but it only takes one bad cartridge to totally ruin a day. :sad20:

Not only I will NOT knowingly use the wrong components in my loads, I would be negligent if I did not inform someone shooting my reloads I had done so.

No good can come of doing something like this!
    :mad54:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Your arrogance and ignorance of the art of reloading continues to boggle the mind.
    KABOOM its coming to see you or one of your customers ( wink.wink,, I mean friends ) sometime maybe not today or tomorrow but its coming. Hopefully its one of your firearms and you are by yourself in the middle of your Grandpa's field and no one else gets hurt. I hope you have a multi million dollar insurance policy for what you reload. Anyone that takes advice from you on this forum or any other is very very foolish.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    LOL thanks guys. Glad everyone assumes I reloaded these. My how we jump to conclusions. This was a copy / paste from a guy I know that found a note in the bottom of a box of reloads when they got done shooting. Not sure how the note got to the bottom of the box, but, it should have been duct taped to the top if you ask me.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    LOL thanks guys. Glad everyone assumes I reloaded these. My how we jump to conclusions.

If you re-read my post, there is no assumption you reloaded the rounds. However, there IS an assumption you were aware they were loaded with incorrect components before they were fired. THAT calls your judgement into question in my mind. :sad20:

That, sir, adds up to the fact that I would leave a range if I knew you were shooting in a lane anywhere near me...

:sad20:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I said, "That's funny. You just shot 50 rounds of them reloaded with small pistol primers".

He then apologized to me for not a single issue while looking in to space with a blank look upon his face. Priceless.

And me, By the MANY statements that I have posted here. You have no business reloading for anybody but yourself. And anyone that takes ANY RELOADS OR ADVICE from you on reloading is foolish.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    LOL thanks guys. Glad everyone assumes I reloaded these. My how we jump to conclusions. This was a copy / paste from a guy I know that found a note in the bottom of a box of reloads when they got done shooting. Not sure how the note got to the bottom of the box, but, it should have been duct taped to the top if you ask me.

Adding info to your story is fine. Something you seem to miss is that folks do not always read every sentence in every thread. Your first post gives the appearance of acceptability of loading rifle cartridges - specifically 223 - with pistol primers. That is another example of your lack of experience, seriousness and decorum when it comes to your posting of advice on reloading.

Like others, I stand by my remarks.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Another one of SoMd's finest:sad20:

Wether or not they were his or this is some "story" as he attempts to back pedal, this is just another one of his attempts for attention...

Not wanting to wade into the muck, but . . .

Did you see any perforated primers? I asked because I've been using Winchester Small Rifle for .300 Blackout. I have plenty of others, but I started developing a load with WSR and didn't want to switch midstream. The last time out, I saw one perforated primer out of about 30 rounds. I was not my hottest load, either.

I'll switch to CCI 41 or CCI 450 (SRM). I can always use the WSR in my .357 and .327 Federal Magnum loads. (He ducks).

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    So I don't get it, was this thread started to bait people in replying then troll them or something?
    jack.gif

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Pistol primers have thinner cups than rifle primers for a reason. Someone could get away with using the wrong components in reloads, but it only takes one bad cartridge to totally ruin a day. :sad20:

Not only I will NOT knowingly use the wrong components in my loads, I would be negligent if I did not inform someone shooting my reloads I had done so.

No good can come of doing something like this!
    :mad54:

Gotta agree. this is playing with fire

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads