• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kafratta

Poor College Student
    Dec 7, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I'm going out for coyote this weekend in western MD. Any hints/tips/ideas (I've alread done research, just trying to get as much as possible). Also it seems like a controversial topic, but do/have you eaten coyote? I'd love to hear from some coyote hunters.

Thanks,
    Kyle

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    One tip I'll give you is to bring any yotes you get to me LOL.

If you seriously want to try eating the meat, gut the beast with as short an incision as you can and keep it well iced, but try to keep the fur dry. Perhaps Obama can give you some dog recipes LMAO. Basically coyote meat would be like gamey kinda tough dog meat, and you would need to soak in salt water or milk, probably parboil, then use a crock pot all day. Get the gamey out and tenderize the meat and you have dog meat and can use any asian dog meat recipe.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I say go to your local chinese restaurant and ask them for some recipe. What do you think "pork" fried rice is? Pork you say or perhaps dog, cat, or even a raccoon ???

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    This time of year after dark is the way to go. The ones we called in last year all responded to a fawn distress call from a johnny stewart e caller. If your hunting thick woods forget the scoped 22-250 and grab a 12gauge with some 3" buck shot. Hunting eastern yotes makes deer hunting seem like childs play. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom