• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    I have wanted to get into 3 gun for awhile, would you happen to have the rules for this shoot? and anyone else want to try with a 3 gun rookie.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    I have wanted to get into 3 gun for awhile, would you happen to have the rules for this shoot? and anyone else want to try with a 3 gun rookie.

They use the same rules that are used for FNH USA 3 gun match.

Keep an eye on this Blog for updates/announcements that are happening at York IWLA. Right now there is a series of self graded quizzes on the rules and scoring. Anyone shooting the multi-gun matches at York should be reading and learning the rules.

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    Hi Soup101, thank you very much!. This will be incredibly helpful! I do not want to go and look like a fool.......ugh! I have been wanting to do more then just poking holes in paper. I use to shoot idpa a long time ago and had a blast doing it and want to get into comp shooting again, so thank you again...!

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Hi Soup101, thank you very much!. This will be incredibly helpful! I do not want to go and look like a fool.......ugh! I have been wanting to do more then just poking holes in paper. I use to shoot idpa a long time ago and had a blast doing it and want to get into comp shooting again, so thank you again...!

Thanks for the help SOUP!

Here is my plug! If you want to prepare for this even, may I humbly suggest attending first my FunShoot on 2/23, then Howards Action match on 3/10 then my FunShoot on 3/23, all of which can be shot multigun style. I assure you, you WILL be assimilated. Surviving my funshoot is the easiest and most fun way of qualifying for our Action Matches.

Keep watch on the blog linked by SOUP and below.

gary

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    Hi Gary, Thank you very much! I wanted to go and just watch first and see how things are run........you know blah blah blah and also get to see what equipment and firearms people are using...blah blah blah. I book marked the blog and will read it tonight after things settle down...... you know kid, diner..... oh yeah the wife ....lol. So again Thank you ! hell I am already siked ........
    Tom

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm a short time shooter, three matches at york, pretty much one per year.

I'm looking for a team.

I'll register solo if needed I know these fill up fast.

Having a match on my birthday? AWESOME

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Thanks for the help SOUP!

Here is my plug! If you want to prepare for this even, may I humbly suggest attending first my FunShoot on 2/23, then Howards Action match on 3/10 then my FunShoot on 3/23, all of which can be shot multigun style. I assure you, you WILL be assimilated. Surviving my funshoot is the easiest and most fun way of qualifying for our Action Matches.

Keep watch on the blog linked by SOUP and below.

gary

Where are the 2/23 and 3/23 fun shoots located? I can't make this 3 gun, I really want to but my daughters have a dance competition that weekend (don't laugh, Barry Sanders was a dancer).

I should be able to make the fun shoots though.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Got a question ....... what kind of holster ....and other equipment folks use for this type of match?

Holster must retain the gun securely and cover the triggerguard, other than that, it's your choice. The majority of shooters use AR type rifles and semi-auto shotguns.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I'm a new guy to 3 gun matches, but I'm interested in attending the fun shoots at least. Probably the main competition too. I don't own a handgun though. Just a Mossberg 500 and about to get my AR put together. Would I be able to rent a handgun from the range? Would anybody be interested in having someone this green around the ears on their team? If not, I'll at least show up to watch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom