• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There was a mom and pop vendor that had 30 rd M-Rev windowed PMags at $15 otd. They had a bunch of them, too. I'm pretty sure they only had black. I think they were located in the middle of the floor.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    185.00 Remington 870 police wingmasters, a ton of cool MG's you dont see alot, PWS and Gemtech were both there. This show didnt disappoint me.

**** I wish I could get up there tomorrow to pick up one of those 870's

been meaning to get one, and that's a steal...

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    So this might be a stupid question, but will they accept a credit card for entrance fee. And do the vendors accept it for purchases?

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Entry fee?, I don't think so. Some of the venders were set up for CC's...

Jamie

Thank you. I'm heading out now for the show. I was ill prepared and didn't withdraw any money and my atm card is at my other house.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Went on Friday. Bought some pmags with the window 4 for $55. Saw a few good deals. Looked at the case of used sig 220's . They had some holster wear but actually looked good inside. My first PA show. Makes me not want to ever go to another MD show!

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    What a great show!! LOT's of guns....my favorite was the Sturmgewehr...man that was sweet!!! have a bunch of FA, a little of everything.

I saw Sgt6402 there but didn't recognize anyone else. nice way to spend Sun AM's

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Good to see ya again Fivepointstar :) ! ! ! !

Lots of NFA :D Mp5's M16's etc...........

Really liked the LWRC REPR 16 inch rifle, very nice :drool:

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Just got back from the show today. They had a lot of nice stuff there. Unfortuneately, prices seemed to be a little on the high side. I went looking for a PSL and only saw two there. One, a guy was asking $1K for and the other was $700. J&G retails them for $600, so I figure I'll just get it straight from them. I hit up the vendor for $15 PMAGS and he gave me ak sight tool for $5(that was my best deal). Another vendor had the Troy mini-14 chassis system for $375. I've been kicking myself all the way home for not picking that up since I've been kinda wanting one.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    the show was bitter sweet to me. My prices were a little high and vendors were unwilling to move on ticket price on firearms for the most part. I did find some deals on ammo from 2 vendors while browsing and scored 200 rounds of some 45 ACP. Also came home with a 10 dollar pocket knife and I was happy with the show, but not firearm prices. My brother went to buy but could not find anything in the reasonable price ranges for what he was looking for.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Was it Really Spikes?

Talked to Kel from GemTech and the guys from Spikes Tactical. Worth the trip right there. Kel is awesome, he hooked me up in the past and a damn nice guy to boot ! The guys from Spikes gave me the low down on an upper I am planing on for my son. Honesty in sales, hard to find. They saved me money on their products.

I'm a bit confused .....

I saw that Spike's table. I assumed they were from Spikes, so I started to talk shop with them about the new shipment of middy barrels Spike's just got about 2 weeks ago. The lady had no clue what I was talking about.

I asked her where they were from, and she told me they were from VA.

On the Spike's section of the AR15 Industry forum the Spike's CEO, Tom Miller, said they weren't there at SAR. The vendors also told some others they were from FL.

Here's the link to that post: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=189252

So: Were they Spikes, or where they VA resellers passing themselves off as Spikes?

I don't know. I didn't buy anything from them (I ordered my pending middy upper directly with Spikes), so can't say I care.

BUT, if you bought stuff from them thinking your were buying direct from Spikes, then you might care. Perhaps Tom Miller might appreciate a note from you about your purchase if, in fact, that was not Spikes, but a reseller pretender.

Just a thought.

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    got my ak drum! 3 ak47 mags, 30 rnd of course and some 7.62x39mm ammo! now the wait.....stayed from 10:30 til 1:30.... my second time there.... will definitely come back!!!!

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    got my ak drum! 3 ak47 mags, 30 rnd of course and some 7.62x39mm ammo! now the wait.....stayed from 10:30 til 1:30.... my second time there.... will definitely come back!!!!

Glad to hear you found what you wanted...... I know you were looking forward to picking up a drum. They are really easy to load, aren't they? My brother got a 120 round steel drum for his AR, that looks just about like those 75 round drums. Chinese, I think.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    That is pretty F'ed up

They were passing them selves off as Spikes. I was talking to them about the upper I'm going to order for my son and if the Lother Walther up grade was worth the money. They were saying things like 'our' in coming cost, talking to Lother Walther at SHOT about the barrels.

What a bunch of cocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom