• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Gun show at the York Fairgrounds PA this coming weekend March 2nd and 3rd, usually a pretty big show.
    Saturday 9am-4pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

ant

May 12, 2020
    Is there gonna be people to do transfers there for pistols and also does the transfer 7 days start there or does that part still have to be done at the MD store

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Is there gonna be people to do transfers there for pistols and also does the transfer 7 days start there or does that part still have to be done at the MD store
    The OP is a Maryland FFL who has handled transfers for MD residents at the show in the past

ant

May 12, 2020
    Great and also does anyone know if the bunker gun shop goes to the York shows. They tend to have good used deals

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The 7-day wait starts when the FFL submits the 77R paperwork. Md residents can't legally purchase and take home a handgun at the York show (unless purchaser has a C&R FFL and the handgun is C&R).

ant

May 12, 2020
    The 7-day wait starts when the FFL submits the 77R paperwork. Md residents can't legally purchase and take home a handgun at the York show (unless purchaser has a C&R FFL and the handgun is C&R).
    Right I mean can they submit that info at the show and then we only visit to pickup or must that be submitted once we get back to md

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Right I mean can they submit that info at the show and then we only visit to pickup or must that be submitted once we get back to md
    Paperwork on a handgun must be done at the FFL's place of business, if show was in Maryland then paperwork could be started at a show.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Paperwork on a handgun must be done at the FFL's place of business, if show was in Maryland then paperwork could be started at a show.

Has nothing at all to do with it, sounds like you're making things up out of the air, or repeating something you heard somewhere.

You start the process at the show, submit the MD app, and you go to the FFL's shop 7 days later to pick up. That's it.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I bought a gun from B'More Tactical at the York show about a year ago. I paid at the show and took the regular capacity magazine home with me. The following week I went to their store and started the paperwork, a week later I returned to their store and picked up my purchase.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Has nothing at all to do with it, sounds like you're making things up out of the air, or repeating something you heard somewhere.

You start the process at the show, submit the MD app, and you go to the FFL's shop 7 days later to pick up. That's it.
    I do know what I am talking about, as a Maryland FFL you can only sell guns in the State you have your license in, so to transfer a handgun from a PA FFL to your MD FFL you have to do the paperwork at your place of business, if you are a Maryland FFL if you sell a long gun in PA you have to transfer the long gun to a PA FFL and they do the back round check

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I do know what I am talking about,

No, you don't. You're making up extra rules that do not exist.

as a Maryland FFL you can only sell guns in the State you have your license in, so to transfer a handgun from a PA FFL to your MD FFL you have to do the paperwork at your place of business

He/she does not have to be in state to start the paperwork.

if you are a Maryland FFL if you sell a long gun in PA you have to transfer the long gun to a PA FFL and they do the back round check

This sounds like another made up rule.

There are MD FFLs selling long guns at PA shows and VA shows, there are out of state FFLs selling long guns at MD shows.

ant

May 12, 2020
    Ok if the paperwork can be started in the show that makes it way more appealing

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County

There are MD FFLs selling long guns at PA shows and VA shows, there are out of state FFLs selling long guns at MD shows.
    Your wrong rules exists ask a FFL

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Ok if the paperwork can be started in the show that makes it way more appealing
    You will find most FFL's will not start the paperwork while out of state, it could be construed as initiating a transfer in a state in which the FFL is not licensed. Best to ask the receiving dealer first.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

Ok, I am going to put this out there, YOU ARE NOT AN FFL and you ABSOLUTELY do not know what you are talking about. As an out of state dealer you cannot transfer modern firearms at the show to another dealer during the show. You may transfer them ahead of the show to a Licensed PA FFL for the show. I'll be happy to explain any of it to you at the show, come see me! As stated in my above post, starting the paerwork for a handgun while out of state could be construed as acting outside of the scope of your FFL license and I for one will not do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom